Author Topic: Re: antivirus recommendation wanted  (Read 8449 times)

JonasS

Re: antivirus recommendation wanted
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2020, 04:10:54 AM »
It is sad to confess but I am taking a little profit from the Corona virus and the fall of Wall Street by doing shorts.  :rolleyes:

Last year I invested 500 euro and emptied my account in 3 or 4 trades.

AW

• Let's Make ASM Great Again!
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2020, 06:04:52 AM »
I have also invested 500 and had a margin call just after a few hours, then another, another and 4 others. This means that I had to deposit a total of 3500 just to secure the position and not lose everything. Fortunately, I was lucky in the end. I recovered everything and had a small profit. I have withdrawn all the investment to my bank and am only trading with profits.
But the general rule is that 90% of the people will loose 90% of the money in 90 days or less.

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2020, 06:56:56 AM »
It seems to me that the worst thing about coronavirus is the hysteria it is producing and the evidence of poor administration. We still do not know how long we will have to live with the virus, so it does not seem very smart to stop the productive system of a country by closing schools, universities, or production centers. I believe that nowhere is it mandatory to wear a mask and gloves or to administer public services so as not to be overcrowded and, in this way, to prevent them from approaching each other within a meter, that teachers and other authorities administer the obligation to wear masks and gloves, as well as washing hands when entering and leaving a productive center.

I read that in Italy there has been a riot in prisons due to the coronavirus. If the issue continues, it seems foreseeable that there will be riots, looting at supermarkets or lynchings to potential affected. Not talking about economy, already heading to recession, with this new element.
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

AW

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2020, 04:32:32 AM »
Be 100% safe!

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2020, 05:07:11 AM »
This morning I went to buy, also people were hoarding everything, there were people with up to 2 and 3 shopping carts full and I must confess that even I bought more than I really needed for the weekend.

Then I went for a run and it was all closed. The circuit where I usually run closed nobody around, so I skipped the fence and started running (I know it's ugly, but it was fantastic without anyone). A little later they stopped me and forced me to go outside, to run on the street.

The thing is, many people have taken this confinement as a vacation. There are beach places that are full of people, and not just Spaniards. What things  :biggrin:

https://okdiario.com/sociedad/miles-turistas-ignoran-medidas-contener-coronavirus-benidorm-5297672

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2020, 11:50:53 AM »
I just read in the news that Spain is now taking similar action to other countries to try and limit the transfer of the virus. It seems the virus will do more to knacker globalism than all of the wars and economic policy combined.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »
Yes it is. The problem is that the government has done so badly that conspiracy theories begin to run.

- In the first place, the government denied seriousness because it had to celebrate the 8-m women's day, when it has come to light that the government was already aware of the rapid spread of the virus. But for some reason they needed this manifestation of some 100,000 crazy feminists to take place.

- Secondly, on Friday it comes out on TV indicating that on Saturday it will decree the state of emergency in Spain. As Madrid is the community that, supposedly, has the most cases, it gives time for many people to leave here to go to other places, allowing people infected or carrying the disease to go to other places to infect more people. So a rapid increase in cases is expected due to this circumstance. Apart from that this is going to stop the economy of the country that was already on the way to recession. Wonderful.

- Third, no other measures have ever been tested. Knowing the problem in China and Italy already, the borders were never closed, since it is politically incorrect: open borders policy for everyone.

- In fourth place. Mysteriously, gloves and masks disappeared from the market for almost a month. Which is a problem of shortages in fact, which, together with the ineffectiveness of the government and its alleged lies, has caused hysteria in the shopping centers, hoarding products.

As I see it so far, COVID-19 is not a disease so serious as to provoke such hysteria if the incompetence of governments had not been added. It seems that the elderly or those with some type of immunodeficiency are the ones that should be especially careful and this is where the containment and isolation efforts could have been focused. Aside from the fact that it spreads very quickly, causing hospitals to overflow, a person with a motorcycle accident can die because there is no place in hospitals, which under normal conditions could be saved.

There is an interesting article in The New York Times regarding covid in Spain.

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2020, 08:58:42 PM »

AW

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »
Apparently there has been success treating this coronavirus with chloroquine, which is an old medicine for malaria that I experimented myself when I was in Africa.

The real problem is that there is no real money behind it, and money is what makes things move in this World. So, let's have a few millions die while labs try to find something that can be sold @1000.00 a pill.

https://www.covidtrial.io/

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2020, 01:38:29 AM »
There are several important facts:
- Spain: 25,374 infected, 1,378 deceased, 2,125 recovered. This is a 5.43% case fatality
- Italy: 47,021 infected, 4,032 deaths. This is 8.57% case fatality, which is very high
- Germany: 19,848 infected, 68 dead. This is a .345% lethality

The Germany case is very striking, so few deaths with so many infected. Which has stood out a lot among the experts. I would say that no country has yet reached Italy's fatality rates. What has happened?

But in addition to this, as I've heard is that those who have needed covid-19 assisted ventilation will develop pulmonary fibrosis in less than one year. Their lungs are distorted. So there will be an increase in deaths from covid-19 that will probably not appear in the statistics.

Another important point as I have read is that in China there are no new internal infections in several days, however, they are noticing that there are infections from imported cases, so a new wave of epidemic is feared.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:48:41 AM by caballero »

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2020, 04:23:21 AM »
Images that come from Bergamo are overwhelming.

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2020, 06:18:54 AM »
Please, allow me to pay a small tribute to Italy. Going over the internet I found Italian disco music from the 80s, a real pleasure.  :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAEUiVn8eA&list=RDobAEUiVn8eA&start_radio=1&t=7

The other day I read that the infection curve in Madrid was even worse than in Italy. Hope we will reach the top of the Gaussian curve soon.

Greenhorn

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2020, 10:46:41 AM »
Here's a map that shows hourly the progress of the pandemia.

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/corona-virus-karte-infektionen-deutschland-weltweit/

It shows what SEA did right and what et. al. EU and US is doing wrong.
Please note that the estimated number of unreported cases in EU and US is relatively high due to insufficient testing methods.
The SEA states, for example, are testing much more accurate.

You can see it at the US, where the numbers of reported infections are exploding since two days. I guess this is due to more testing now.

Greenhorn

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2020, 11:11:03 AM »
There are several important facts:
- Spain: 25,374 infected, 1,378 deceased, 2,125 recovered. This is a 5.43% case fatality
- Italy: 47,021 infected, 4,032 deaths. This is 8.57% case fatality, which is very high
- Germany: 19,848 infected, 68 dead. This is a .345% lethality

The Germany case is very striking, so few deaths with so many infected. Which has stood out a lot among the experts. I would say that no country has yet reached Italy's fatality rates. What has happened?

This is really strange, yes.
Germany has a capacity of 3o,ooo intensive cares. In total, not in reserve ! But this is still more than Italy has, due to austerity opression by the EU (and especially by Germany).

By the time Italy requested help from Germany, our Chancelorette Angela "Mutti" Merkel came out of her cave and just said: "Goood luck, Italy. Ihr schafft das!".
I'm ashamed of her.
But the rest of the neoliberal m*****f*****s is not doing better.

Trump, for example, tried to buy a promising vaccine from a german company CureVac (owned by the founder of SAP). Exclusively for the US !
This is lived American exceptionalism (no, this is no satire). From this point of view non-us-americans are 2nd class humans.

However, best wishes to all of you and stay healthy !