News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Hard time with iczelion's code stock win10

Started by kiptron, March 26, 2020, 02:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiptron

I am having a difficult time linking the examples by Iczelion. Various linker warnings/errors.
Finally got  one to compile/link O.K. but it won't show the  Bug's Bunny image.  I have a stock
Win 10 64 bit machine. If this is old news I apologize..  Thanks kiptron

jj2007

Welcome to the Forum, kiptron :thup:

Your problems are impossible to judge without some basic information:
- error messages
- commandline
- linker version

Vortex

Hi kiptron,

Welcome to the Masm Forum.

Here is how to build the project ( Iczelion's Simple Bitmap example ) :

\masm32\bin\ml /c /coff /Cp SimpleBitmap.asm
\masm32\bin\rc SimpleBitmap.rc
\masm32\bin\link /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /LIBPATH:\masm32\lib SimpleBitmap.obj SimpleBitmap.res

kiptron

Hi Vortex  Your post looks like a 32 bit build. The 64 bit version uses bin64\...  Include64\... Lib64\...  etc etc
I am working to get Iczelion's example tutorial 25 which is written with 64 bit mnemonics and compiler(ml64) and linker.
  Hope you are well in these crazy times   kiptron

Vortex

Hi kiptron,

Thanks, I am doing well. Let's wish health for everyone.

You can check the topic Examples for Win64 Iczelion tutorial, here is the bitmap example :

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=4190.msg44531#msg44531

HSE

Quote from: kiptron on March 26, 2020, 05:08:44 AM
I am working to get Iczelion's example tutorial 25 which is written with 64 bit mnemonics and compiler(ml64) and linker.
Hi kiptron!

Mikl examples were developed with a diferent package, they are using originals Vasili files and other libraries. Mikl explain that somewhere in the forum.

If I remember well, the package is in https://wasm.in/

Regards. HSE.

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

kiptron

Thank you HSE, Your explanation is the only one which makes sense. I wish to use the stock masm32(64) functionality
without unknown individual libraries involved. I guess I need to start from scratch and sort my way through it. A very snowy
day here in Lake Tahoe Ca.  USA   Thanks again and be well  kiptron   

Mikl__

Hi, kiptron!
I can probably help you. I would like to see the following files
  • asm-file
  • rc-file
  • bat-file
It is Baikal Lake

kiptron

Hi  Mikl.  Lots of compatibility issues with that old code. Resource  file (.rc) syntax has changed.
Prologue and epilogue handled differently. ( or not at all ? ). The latest examples in the SDK are
much simpler and work fine. I will stick with those. Thank you to all who responded to my confusion.
I did not realize how old and out of date those tutorials are.   kiptron

BugCatcher

Mikl__

Hi, kiptron!
Aah! I understood! The problem is that I am Russian hacker.  I must not will see the code that is written in NSA or USSS.

hutch--

Mikl__,

> I am Russian hacker.

I don't believe you, far too easy to track. To be a "Russian Hacker" you would have to work for the CIA propagating fake news.

Mikl__