News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Unicode literals

Started by JK, March 30, 2020, 02:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

If I need to produce true unicode, not just converted ascii, I use a unicode editor then turn it into db sequences. You then just feed the db data into a Unicode API (with the trailing "W") and it all works fine.

nidud

deleted

jj2007

Print "Добро пожаловать" works with MASM, UAsm and AsmC, but of cause there are solutions that look much more professional and challenging ;-)

JK

Thanks for all your input.

My (self-written) IDE uses Scintilla as edit control, that´s what Notepad++ does too. So by switching the keyboard setting i can enter Russian or Greek letters directly and my editor window shows them correctly. The more, i can save the text/code in UTF8 encoding (with or without BOM) and pass it to an assembler and linker.

As my example (see my last post) shows, UASM can process (UTF8 encoded) Unicode literals, if "option LITERALS:ON" is set.

Please note, i don´t want to promote USAM or any other assembler, i just wanted to know the possibilities and limitations of them - thanks.

JK

daydreamer

I have whitespace problem with 04000h +unicode utf16
tried with 03000h wider space,but still not enough
???
problem is I have ascii
data "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",10,13
data "X                                                                X",10,13
data "XXXXXXXXXXXXX         XXXXXX           XXXXXX",10,13
as source for random generator creates a WCHAR random 4000h+ where X is and if " " places 03000h
is there a 4k+ chinese enough big space or I need to fix it with put together several different spaces to make it looks right?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding