News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Custom button demo.

Started by hutch--, April 18, 2020, 06:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Could I impose on some of our members to test this binary that has the 3 types of custom buttons that I have been working on. The three type are,

1. A colour button that works similar to a standard Windows button but has full colour control.
2. A Text only button with no background that has text and hover colour control.
3. A link appearance button that has text and hover colour control.

The first two act on the WM_LBUTTONUP message.
The link button acts on the WM_LBUTTONDOWN message.

The logic of the colour button is slightly different to a normal Windows button in that it does not use the SetCapture technique and responds only to the UP click. This allows a drag style of use with the mouse that triggers the control action on release.

The test piece is testing OK on the Win10 Pro 64 bit I develop on and the latest version of 64 bit Win7 Ultimate.

I have the modules added to the current reference library but have not yet released the current library and I have not done any documentation for the additions and changes.

All of the WM_COMMAND message should work OK, among the things I need testing is if there is any flickering with any of the buttons on other language Windows versions and perhaps if the 128 pixel icon displays properly on other Windows versions.

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

avcaballero

Biterider

Also OK here (Win 10 64 Home)
Biterider

mineiro

I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

jj2007

Works fine under Win7-64. The word "link button" might be a bit misleading. It's a link on the client area, not exactly a button (i.e. there's no border and no shading around).

hutch--

:biggrin:

Everybody has a theory,  I call them buttons.

daydreamer

works here on win10 :thumbsup:

cannot be seen here,but the nobackground button,if placed where there is graphics,it will look like text with transparent background?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

Yes, that is the design of the text and link buttons so you can place them over image data. The colour button draws its own background before writing the text over it.