Author Topic: Donald Trump  (Read 6237 times)

mineiro

Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2020, 09:33:30 PM »
And I don't know what Darwin have to do with that.
Before Darwin a biologist could only open bodies to be studied with permission from religion or government. After Darwin, religion lost its value in this regard.
Thinking in 1920 is a Western thought, it can cause a distortion, an example is the nominalist versus realistic theory.
William de Ockan, the universality of empiricism as a criterion of truth. We are inserted in this context. Today, to have science it is necessary to measure everything, to be empirical in relation to nature. If a scientist cannot measure something, he will not be considered a scientist. In the past, philosophers imagined the atom and it has been proven recently. Philosophers did not prove the existence of the atom, they just deduced it. If it were today they would be discarded.
It would be like a programmer who designs a program and thinks he has inserted all possible variables relevant to thinking. Another, looks from the outside and does like Descartes: Universal Doubts. I'm putting everything in doubt, I question everything. But the flaw is that these doubts are anchored in a multitude of past facts, previous knowledge, implicit certainties that are not perceived. The difference between what we live and what we theorize. This deepens and becomes invisible as time goes by, harmless.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2020, 11:32:35 PM »
Occam was an interesting scholar, late in the schoolmen era, he produced a view that the world was determined by observation and empirical data where the truth of religious views was subject to a different form of proof. Dun's school went out of fashion and Aquinas was the institution of historical Catholic theology.

The value of Occam was the production of a synthesis between historical Catholic theological thinking and an empirically verified world and that made him the most influential of the schoolmen.

PS: I did a term in philosophy on the Catholic schoolmen at UNI.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

TouEnMasm

• EditMasm
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2020, 12:09:15 AM »
Darwin was a jesuite .
He had show us than this world had not been created in a few days and that all things follow the law of evolution.
Evolution for animals is very slow and it is not the case for our society.
Human society evolution need knowledge to be understood.
This mean than you can't judge a society at the instant but only in the time of a human life.
In this time ,you need to know what is changed during this time life.
It isn't a little work,and know it's a defi because the evolution is mondial.
knowledge of the mondial and local evolution is fondamental in politic.
US president seem to think that only the brute force can govern this world,error,1945 is now out.
Evolution had made his work.

Fa is a musical note to play with CL

Siekmanski

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2020, 02:36:02 AM »
Speaking about Trump the brute, will he be discharged today?

Will this end the Crimes against Humanity [Corona hoax] soon?

I think so: https://youtu.be/32YIWS2UGZI

Bad news for Bill Gates who wants to depopulate the world but, wants to cure you with his vaccine....    :bgrin:
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

mineiro

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2020, 05:22:54 AM »
and Aquinas was the institution of historical Catholic theology.
I need to study more Saint Thomas; I have shallow, meager knowledge about him. I realize that he unified a thought that today diverges; faith and reason.
Saint Thomas is on my to-do list.

Darwin was a jesuite .
Macron is catholic, I'm catholic. He wants to internationalize something that is not his. So, I can be Robespierre. Trump is a believer I suppose, don't know if this is exact name (Lutero, Calvino, ...).

and that all things follow the law of evolution.
Nah, try to talk with dino2007 and you will have absolute sure that Darwin is wrong.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2020, 06:04:31 AM »
This is an interesting topic.

Curiosity is in human nature, it is what moves us to investigate and prosper, but the scientific method is to question, it is not convenient to take anything for granted.

I am quite struck by how people confuse hypotheses with proven facts. The theory of evolution is just a theory, that the universe is I don't know how many millions of years old is also a theory.
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2020, 06:20:05 AM »
Just a theory, like Einstein's stuff (on which the Hiroshima bomb was based - so the war in Japan was ended by a theory) :cool:

Vortex

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2020, 06:20:34 AM »
Hi caballero,

that the universe is I don't know how many millions of years old is also a theory.

So, how old is the universe?

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2020, 07:00:39 AM »
I am quite struck by how people confuse hypotheses with proven facts. The theory of evolution is just a theory, that the universe is I don't know how many millions of years old is also a theory.
:thumbsup: Perfect Caballero.

Now you have to go farther, and to discriminate theories supported by evidence from those with poor or no support.

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2020, 07:24:52 AM »
Perhaps I find it a bit uncomfortable to defend the obvious: they are theories, otherwise they would be called laws.

> So, how old is the universe?
This question is visually extraordinarily complex, isn't it? Any answer can only be a theory. Obviously each theory is backed by scientific studies. When I hear a phrase on TV like "five hundred billion years ago ..." I can't help but look away. It's fine as a theory, but nothing more.

Vortex

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2020, 07:42:06 AM »
This question is visually extraordinarily complex, isn't it?

No, not that complicated.

I have other questions for you : There are some very old rocks on our planet. What's the age of those rocks? How do the scientist measure their age?

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2020, 08:18:03 AM »
> No, not that complicated
Well, it does seem that way to me, I'm glad you know the answer.

Carbon-14? Don't know.

Things many times are not so easy.

Gödel showed that the attempt to create a complete and coherent mathematical system was impossible. An illustrative example, the phrase: "I am a liar." The paradox arises when we try to show whether this proposition is true or false.

- Suppose it is true, then I am a liar, but we start by assuming that it was a true statement and therefore cannot be a liar: it is an incongruity.
  - Suppose it is false, then I am not a liar, but we start by accepting that I am a liar, again we are faced with an incoherence. 

Heisenberg uncertainty principle

The inaccuracy of philosophy (Hans Blumenberg?): Philosophy is not exact, it varies with society and time. This caused quite a stir at the time, but if we think about it a bit ... I'm not sure if its author is the one I indicate.

Vortex

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2020, 09:35:30 AM »
> No, not that complicated
Well, it does seem that way to me, I'm glad you know the answer.

It cannot be visually complicated as the question regarding the age of the universe can be answered with astophysics. The maths here has nothing do with visuals.

Carbon-14? Don't know.

More precisly, it's about radioactive decay.

Gödel showed that the attempt to create a complete and coherent mathematical system was impossible.

Very good. Since Gödel's incompleteness theorems are prohibiting us from creating complete and coherent mathematical systems, we cannot study the geology of old rocks, the formation of constellations  and nebulas, very slow chemical reactions in the universe etc leading us to some meaningful results. We cannot even talk about approximate values. Cosmology becomes kaputt.

Since the determination of the the age of very old rocks is based on the calculation of radioactive decay, the formula is :

https://byjus.com/radioactive-decay-formula/

Heisenberg's equation :

So, what's the mathematical connection of Heisenberg's formula with the radioactive decay?  This equation does not stop us from calculating the age of the universe.
It will not even stop you from getting the result of your blood analysis.

Philosophy is not exact, it varies with society and time. This caused quite a stir at the time, but if we think about it a bit.

Determining the age of the universe is about physics and mathematics. Nothing related to philosophy.

Again, I rephrase my question : what's the age of the universe according your calculations and experiments?

mineiro

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2020, 09:50:10 AM »
I used to have this thought, that Einstein was the guy. Once, in this forum I saw rrr user criticizing Einstein. I decided to listen to him.
If my memory serves me correctly, Einstein once said that they would be able to finish the atomic bomb without the need for him to participate in the project.
“Einstein’s E=mc² was Italian’s idea”
https://www.unz.com/lromanoff/a-few-historical-frauds/

For me, Nicola Tesla is on another level. This Croatian was the guy.

Edit -Croatian. My error.

mineiro

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2020, 12:01:22 PM »
So, what's the mathematical connection of Heisenberg's formula with the radioactive decay? 
Energy = Planck constant (h) times frequency (f).
Planck = h/2pi times omega
w = energy /h
Einstein = Energy / light speed
Energy = h*y(ni) / wave lenght times y(ni)
cutting ni
P=h/2pi/k == h k
Schrodinger create a corolary because dont understood.
Well, omega, psi, lambda, ... .

After looking 30 seconds of a video explaining that I switch to bikini try on haul. :cool:

what's the age of the universe according your calculations and experiments?
This is a really hard question, sometimes I forgot my own age. :toothy: