Author Topic: masm32 help in pdf ebook form  (Read 178 times)

Ravi Kiran

• Computers are fun
masm32 help in pdf ebook form
« on: May 03, 2020, 04:33:53 PM »
The help in masm32 QE seems inadequate for me . Need additional help in a Complete ebook format.

This forum is most greatest and amazing one I've ever seen. Many professionals contributing to Assembly language and
Computer Science and lot of interesting things to download
here from.

At the same time it's very difficult to understand you people.
Can any elders around here can prepare out an ebook explaining all how tos about masm32v11r SDK so that novices like me can get a better swing at the SDK as quickly
as possible. I mean from how to write a simple "Hello World"
Program to Complex programs on my own using QE and it's menu system.

I'll wait for it to be done as long as it takes. The default
Help system in QE is far from being understood and seems
Inadequate for me.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: masm32 help in pdf ebook form
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 06:28:18 PM »
The thing that is missing in yet another of your requests is the prior knowledge you need to write 32 and 64 bit assembler, it has never been a beginners area, it requires a programmer to be familiar with writing API based applications in at least a compiler capable of doing so. When this level of experience is available, learning Intel mnemonics and assembler notation will start to make sense.

The two areas you need to write assembler code in 32 and 64 bit Windows is the API and Intel mnemonics, the reference material is MSDN, the old Win32.hlp and the Intel manuals for x86 - 64.

If you don't yet have the experience in both, start with a compiler like C, Pascal and some dialects of basic, when you know enough you can then try writing 32 and 64 bit assembler.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:36:31 PM »
The help in masm32 QE seems inadequate for me . Need additional help in a Complete ebook format.

This forum is most greatest and amazing one I've ever seen. Many professionals contributing to Assembly language and
Computer Science and lot of interesting things to download here from.

Thank you for your kind words. Have you studied already all the documents in \Masm32\help?

Vortex

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 08:50:24 PM »
Hi Ravi,

In the net, you can find the MASM Programmer's Reference.