Author Topic: A little bit about me post  (Read 240 times)

BinaryGears

A little bit about me post
« on: May 06, 2020, 03:39:49 PM »
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums and determined that this was an alright place to post my mandatory forum post.

A little about me... I have messed with many different programming language for a few years now. I like to program in c++ and I am interested in getting heavy into 64bit assembly. I'm someone who really likes to know how everything works at a low level: An example that is not computer related would be how I like to shoot bows as a hobby but I have recently took an interest in learning the ways of being a bowyer, making my own tools, learning as much as possible all to be more self reliant one day.

I look forward to using masm64 as I push through and try to make awesome things.

Thank You

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Re: A little bit about me post
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 06:14:09 PM »
Welcome to the Forum :thumbsup:

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 06:50:48 PM »
Hi BinaryGears,

Welcome on board. The 64 bit version of MASM is shaping up very well, its core is reliable and the binaries when written properly work well but be warned, it is highly intolerant for the slightest mistakes and will bite you on the butt every time you mess something up. It is not consumer software but an in house Microsoft tool for experienced programmers and it doesn't hold your hand at all.

Once you get the swing of it, its a ton of fun, plenty of registers, massive memory capacity and capable of handling very large tasks with some genuine speed.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Vortex

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 08:06:36 PM »
Hi BinaryGears,

Welcome to the Masm Forum.

Siekmanski

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 08:19:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

Biterider

• ObjAsm Developer
    • ObjAsm
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 09:45:17 PM »
Welcome  :biggrin: