News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Simplest default opengl implementation

Started by kiptron, June 07, 2020, 04:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiptron

The attached is the simplest implementation of the opengl 3D rendering API.
There are NO third party libraries, no glu, no glut, no glee etc. etc.  Just the masm32 SDK
code and mine. It requires a 64 bit machine. Mine is a stock 64 bit Windows 10 machine,
I am not sure about Windows 7.  I have an AMD graphics card. They have publicly
announced the end of support for ogl in favor of Vulkan.  I have only the generic ogl driver
opengl32.dll provided by Microsoft with it's Windows installation.  This file either finds your
installed Vendor driver for your card, or defaults into graphics memory (I think). I am not
sure exactly how all this works. I have provided many notes in the three .asm files. To
assemble and link, put this folder in your root directory and run the batch file "makeit.bat"
You should have the masm32 SDK in the usual masm32 directory and your environment
path should point to the masm32 SDK.  \bin64  \include64 and \lib64  You can just run the
.exe file if you want to make sure this code will run successfully on your machine. Kiptron

hutch--

Don't know why but the exe will not run on my win10 64 pro. I will give it a try on my dev partition.

Solved the problem, my old box have an Nvidia 960 and the app would not run. Tried it on my new box with a Radeon RX580 and it runs perfect. Very classy work, it looks great.

jj2007

avcaballero

I couldn't run it on my PC with a NVIDIA too. What can we watch on it?

kiptron

Sorry  guys with the Invidia cards. I tried to use the most generic extension calls. Nothing to watch but
A boring little demo. It is the simplest "immediate mode" funtionality. To those wishing to move on to
more advanced topics like custom shaders,  high speed rendering with arrays of positional and color
data, texturing,  lighting,  and all that cool stuff,  you will use a combination of original  calls and some
of the extension pointers created in the file "extensions" in the attachment. Modern OGL is all about
extensions providing the advanced functionality.  In the 64 bit world you MUST know your stuff about
the Win64 (X64) calling convention, especially as regards floating point versus integer arguments. I am
still struggling after years so you are in for a lot of studying if you wish to explore the very cool 3D
world.  Kiptron

daydreamer

Quote from: kiptron on September 05, 2020, 11:00:28 AM
Sorry  guys with the Invidia cards. I tried to use the most generic extension calls. Nothing to watch but
A boring little demo. It is the simplest "immediate mode" funtionality. To those wishing to move on to
more advanced topics like custom shaders,  high speed rendering with arrays of positional and color
data, texturing,  lighting,  and all that cool stuff,  you will use a combination of original  calls and some
of the extension pointers created in the file "extensions" in the attachment. Modern OGL is all about
extensions providing the advanced functionality.  In the 64 bit world you MUST know your stuff about
the Win64 (X64) calling convention, especially as regards floating point versus integer arguments. I am
still struggling after years so you are in for a lot of studying if you wish to explore the very cool 3D
world.  Kiptron
looks great :thumbsup:
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding