Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Trasparent Clock

Started by PushPop, June 26, 2020, 05:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PushPop

Good morning guys
I'm here again to ask you for help.
Someone explains to me why this doesn't work.
Thanks for your help

jj2007

Please avoid this: #include "D:/masm32/include/RESOURCE.h"
Not everybody has D: as the Masm32 drive. So use #include "/masm32/include/RESOURCE.h" instead.

Otherwise, your code builds and works fine. The only problem is that the background doesn't get erased. So you should maybe send a message to the underlying windows that it needs repainting...

Greenhorn

Works fine on my system. Otherwise you should explain what exactly does not work.

Kind regards
Greenhorn
Kole Feut un Nordenwind gift en krusen Büdel un en lütten Pint.

hutch--

Works OK on my Win 10 64 1909. What OS are you testing on ?

A couple of suggestions, make the grab area a lot bigger so its easier to move around. I can close it with ALT F4 but a simpler key combination would be easier. Display is good, shows up on light and dark backgrounds.

TouEnMasm

On windows 10,It work but I couldn't stop it  ?
Fa is a musical note to play with CL

TouEnMasm

I have study your source files.Some PROC don't preserve the EBX ESI EDI.
ClockSetup proc uses ebx edi esi hWin:DWORD,uMsg:DWORD,wParam:DWORD,lParam:DWORD
You need to verify others proc to avoid problems.

Vortex

Hi PushPop,

Nice work. I noticed another problem, the application's CPU demand is between %34-36 on my system.

PushPop

Good morning again
Everything works, the only problem is that it does not clean the background, after a short time everything becomes one color. Maybe my computer is having problems

TouEnMasm

I have re-build your source (after added the uses) with different headers,Test it,and see if you have the same problem.

jj2007

Quote from: jj2007 on June 26, 2020, 08:55:29 PMThe only problem is that the background doesn't get erased. So you should maybe send a message to the underlying windows that it needs repainting...

There are two techniques:
1. inform the underlying window that it needs repainting
2. before painting the dials, get a bitmap of the current state; then BitBlt that bitmap as the background before painting new dials.

If I had time to waste, I would try sending a WM_PAINT message, or using InvalidateRect to force a paint (no idea if that can be done with a window outside the own process) :cool:

PushPop

Here I am again
Good morning
I send you the image of how it works on my machine
Thank you

TouEnMasm

You are on Windows X ? (XP,7,8....)
Did you try the executable I have Build ?
You can also run DXDIAG and save file,it made a test for the screen ,do it

jj2007

Salut Yves, what happened to your nick? Google still sees you as ToutEnMasm :cool:

PushPop

Hello
I am using windows 7 ultimate, but unfortunately I still have the same problem
Greetings to all

TouEnMasm

test this one,he used a different type of paint message,clic on to quit