Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Re: May 20, update.

Started by TouEnMasm, July 02, 2020, 12:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TouEnMasm

Hello,
I try (labouriosly) to build the m64lib.
GDIP_Save_Bmp could'nt find GdipBitmapConvertFormat used two times.
It's not in gdiflat.h
Where is this proc ?
Fa is a musical note to play with CL

TouEnMasm

Find the prototype in gdiplus flat and build the library
GdipBitmapConvertFormat PROTO pInputBitmap:QWORD ,format:DWORD ,dithertype:DWORD ,palettetype:DWORD ,palette:QWORD ,alphaThresholdPercent:REAL4

Building the images.asm

Images.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu Gdip_Save_PNG référencé dans la fonction save_PNG_image
Images.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu __imp__atoi64 référencé dans la fonction jpgdlg
Images.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu __imp__i64toa référencé dans la fonction jpgdlg
Images.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 externes non résolus

TouEnMasm

Two files need a prototype
Gdip_Save_PNG               and  GDIP_Save_Bmp

Now I miss two sources:
atoi64
i64toa

hutch--

Yves, the procedures build correctly with the supplied include files and libraries, are you using something different ?

TouEnMasm

I use the original source.
and use the provided  batch with PATH,INCLUDE and LIB
@echo off
set appname=Images
set PATH=
set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\bin\Hostx64\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\bin\x64
set INCLUDE=c:\install64\include64;c:\install64\macros64;c:\install64\m64lib
set LIB=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.17763.0\um\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.17763.0\ucrt\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\lib\x64;H:\masm32\m64lib

if exist %1.obj del %appname%.obj
if exist %1.exe del %appname%.exe

rc.exe rsrc.rc

ml64.exe /c /nologo %appname%.asm > error.txt

link.exe /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /ENTRY:entry_point /LARGEADDRESSAWARE %appname%.obj rsrc.res >> error.txt

dir %appname%.*

pause

Doing this ,you need to delet all the path in the include files. (not a real problem)
I had need to update the donwload
To made corrections to the two files.
need also to add "includelib C:\install64\lib64\msvcrt.lib "
That's all for today,it is compiled

hutch--

Yves,

64 bit MASM does not use prototypes. The following is probably something you would use with UASM.

GdipBitmapConvertFormat PROTO pInputBitmap:QWORD ,format:DWORD ,dithertype:DWORD ,palettetype:DWORD ,palette:QWORD ,alphaThresholdPercent:REAL4

This is the valid MASM version.

externdef __imp_GdipBitmapConvertFormat:PPROC
GdipBitmapConvertFormat equ <__imp_GdipBitmapConvertFormat>

jj2007

Quote from: TouEnMasm on July 02, 2020, 07:46:02 AM
Doing this ,you need to delet all the path in the include files. (not a real problem)

It becomes a real problem for everybody who does not use exactly the same tools and the same environmental variables. In other words: you'll get the usual C/C++ mess

Quoteneed also to add "includelib C:\install64\lib64\msvcrt.lib "

Once upon a time we learnt that not everybody hosts Masm32 on drive C:, and that therefore it was a good idea to use \install64\lib64\msvcrt.lib without the drive letter :cool:

TouEnMasm

JJ,
Happy to know that C/C++ is a mess (?) :badgrin:
The ful path is here to Distinguish the msvcrt microsoft from the msvcrt of the forum

hutch--

Yves,

While there is little point in trying to replace the 64 bit MASM include files and libraries, the UASM folks desperately need a decent set of viable include files and as you have done extensive work in a format that would work for UASM in 64 bit, this may be a good target for your work.

I did a simple test using UASM with a quickly modified form of the 32 bit MASM include files by renaming the DWORD with PTR and it worked fine in 64 bit.

TouEnMasm

If you can post your little sample,I will study what can be done for that.

hutch--

Yves, I have attached a zip file that has a quickly modified 32 bit MASM include file where I changed the DWORD to PTR which works OK with UASM.
Its format is as follows.

CDefFolderMenu_Create2 PROTO :PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR
CDefFolderMenu_Create PROTO :PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR
CallCPLEntry16 PROTO :PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR,:PTR

CheckEscapesA PROTO :PTR,:PTR
IFNDEF __UNICODE__
CheckEscapes equ <CheckEscapesA>
ENDIF

CheckEscapesW PROTO :PTR,:PTR
IFDEF __UNICODE__
CheckEscapes equ <CheckEscapesW>
ENDIF

CommandLineToArgvW PROTO :PTR,:PTR
IFDEF __UNICODE__
CommandLineToArgv equ <CommandLineToArgvW>
ENDIF

I have also posted the source file but there is too much to get it going as I used bits from all over my dev drive including a lot of MASM stuff so its not buildable. If you can produce an include file of this type it will make UASM a lot more usable as its main weakness has been lousy support and very poor include files.

TouEnMasm

If i understand well , you want than I take all the includes in masm32\include and that i change :DWORD by :PTR in all files ?
I don't see the attachment ?

TouEnMasm

You have done it here:
--------link destroy ------
search your name

hutch--

No, that's easy to do, what I had in mind was your own includes for win64 would be useful to the folks who want to use UASM.

HSE

Quote from: hutch-- on July 03, 2020, 07:17:56 AM
No, that's easy to do, what I had in mind was your own includes for win64 would be useful to the folks who want to use UASM.

There is a set of includes and libraries for UASM. Biterider maked that for ObjAsm.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath