Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Begin started into GDI Programming.

Started by DebugBSD, August 27, 2020, 03:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebugBSD

Hi, good afternoon!

I've been trying to find resources like books, web pages or whatever to start learning GDI programming (not GDI+) in Windows and except the web page of Microsoft regarding to GDI and two web pages more I haven't found any good place to start learning. I tried the search tool from this forum but no luck. So, that's why I'm asking here, cause I think this is the best place to look for information about the subject. Please, could you point me where to go to start learning GDI programming? I just want to draw some pixels, and images like those from retro games like Pacman, Tetris, Super Mario, etc ..

Thanks in advance!
Guille
Happy Hacking!

avcaballero

Try this one
http://abreojosensamblador.epizy.com/?Tarea=5&SubTarea=0&Lang=1&nivel=0&padre=0&accion=0

Vortex

The GDI in Windows API :

http://zetcode.com/gui/winapi/gdi/

HSE

In package:

\masm32\examples\exampl02\gdibits
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

DebugBSD

Quote from: caballero on August 27, 2020, 05:51:26 AM
Try this one
http://abreojosensamblador.epizy.com/?Tarea=5&SubTarea=0&Lang=1&nivel=0&padre=0&accion=0

Quote from: Vortex on August 27, 2020, 06:00:33 AM
The GDI in Windows API :

http://zetcode.com/gui/winapi/gdi/

Oh my god, that's really the thing I was looking for! I've been looking for sites like thos for one week on google but, no luck.
Thank you so much!

Have a nice day!
Guille
Happy Hacking!

DebugBSD

Quote from: HSE on August 27, 2020, 06:10:16 AM
In package:

\masm32\examples\exampl02\gdibits

Thanks, I'll check out!
Guille
Happy Hacking!

morgot

Good book is Windows Graphics Programming: Win32 GDI and DirectDraw (Hewlett-Packard Professional Books) [Yuan, Feng].
Best book for GDI.
Sorry for the bad English

DebugBSD

This page is awesome!

My sincere congrats to the author!

Quote from: caballero on August 27, 2020, 05:51:26 AM
Try this one

Have a nice day!
Guille

PD: I need to say that some links to demos or links into the page are broken. I don't know if that is going to be forever or it's something temporary or maybe the author doesn't know.
Happy Hacking!

felipe

Hi DebugBSD:
The author (as far as i know) of those tutorials is the same person who provided you with the link to the site... :icon_idea:

DebugBSD

Ok, so, let me say the next words in Spanish please (with traductions to English of course):

Es la mejor explicación que he visto en mi puta vida de las proyecciones perspectivas en 3D. Ni en la universidad.

In English: I haven't seen any better explanation of 3D projections in my whole life for 3D. Nor the university.

Quote from: felipe on August 28, 2020, 05:26:08 AM
Hi DebugBSD:
The author (as far as i know) of those tutorials is the same person who provided you with the link to the site... :icon_idea:

Have a nice day!
Guille :)
Happy Hacking!

avcaballero

Gracias, DebugBSD  :thumbsup:

Es un trabajo en curso, tengo enlaces preparados para apuntar a temas que aún no he hecho. Últimamente no tengo mucho tiempo, así que he parado el desarrollo. Cuando tenga tiempo lo iré haciendo.

Saludos

DebugBSD

Muy buen trabajo, me encanta!

Quote from: caballero on August 28, 2020, 07:33:56 AM
Gracias, DebugBSD  :thumbsup:

Es un trabajo en curso, tengo enlaces preparados para apuntar a temas que aún no he hecho. Últimamente no tengo mucho tiempo, así que he parado el desarrollo. Cuando tenga tiempo lo iré haciendo.

Saludos

Saludos!
Guille
Happy Hacking!

daydreamer

Quote from: DebugBSD on August 27, 2020, 03:33:21 AM
Hi, good afternoon!

I've been trying to find resources like books, web pages or whatever to start learning GDI programming (not GDI+) in Windows and except the web page of Microsoft regarding to GDI and two web pages more I haven't found any good place to start learning. I tried the search tool from this forum but no luck. So, that's why I'm asking here, cause I think this is the best place to look for information about the subject. Please, could you point me where to go to start learning GDI programming? I just want to draw some pixels, and images like those from retro games like Pacman, Tetris, Super Mario, etc ..

Thanks in advance!
Guille
welcome to forum :thumbsup:
there is Lord Adef,who have made a river raid clone with GDI,check out Bogdans amazing Starcraft clone fully in assembler,with realtime particle fx instead of the usual prerendered animations,just swapping images

check Mikl_'s 64bit opengl demos in another subforum
I mostly use online search of GDI functions,but also good to know other needed functions like all kinds of wndproc mouse,keyboard,timer,UI controls but also good to know the faster option to have those messages subclassed
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

DebugBSD

Quote from: daydreamer on August 31, 2020, 02:51:17 AM
Quote from: DebugBSD on August 27, 2020, 03:33:21 AM
Hi, good afternoon!

Thanks in advance!
Guille
welcome to forum :thumbsup:
there is Lord Adef,who have made a river raid clone with GDI,check out Bogdans amazing Starcraft clone fully in assembler,with realtime particle fx instead of the usual prerendered animations,just swapping images

check Mikl_'s 64bit opengl demos in another subforum
I mostly use online search of GDI functions,but also good to know other needed functions like all kinds of wndproc mouse,keyboard,timer,UI controls but also good to know the faster option to have those messages subclassed

Thank you so much daydreamer

I'll checkout those examples and the examples which are part of the masm32 examples into the SDK.

Have a nice day!
Guille
Happy Hacking!