Author Topic: I have not gone missing.  (Read 188 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
I have not gone missing.
« on: September 04, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »
I have spent the last week or so developing a pair of apps that use UDP to communicate across a LAN. They have the logic of a command module (where you type commands on one machine) and execution units that can be placed on any number of machines within the LAN that execute those commands.

The commands typed into the command module directly control all of the execution modules and the purpose of the pair is to synchronise multiple computers for parallel processing of data that is located on one of the drives on one of the computers, in this case mainly the machine that is using the command module.

Tests so far have been good, synchronising 2 identical machines, 6 core, 12 thread i7's and I can get 12 cores, 24 threads processing data in parallel and the speed is good. Have to tidy up the code in both but both command and execute apps are working correctly and the execute app sends some data back to the command module.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

daydreamer

• building nextdoor
Re: I have not gone missing.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 09:58:11 PM »
would be interested in something execute several computers on LAN
but something useful in assembly development,would be develop on main computer and send out and benchmark on different computers with different cpus/gpus/ OS
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*
Gone serverside programming p:  :D
I love assembly,because its legal to write
princess:lea eax,luke
:)