Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Dialog Animations - AnimateWindow API and RadioButton Usage

Started by bluedevil, November 04, 2012, 09:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Quote from: hutch-- on November 10, 2012, 10:04:31 PM
Much of the other stuff around at the time was crap but these two were classy architecture and good coding.

Back in the mid to late 80's and early 90's I thought Masm sucked compared to Eric Isaacson A86 assembler. Turbo Assembler by Borland was also preferred back then. Many of us who coded small utilities did so do to the fact that the company one worked for needed something specific to their needs. When I was working for Pyramid Fitness Industry's long ago a couple of the engineers who used AutoCAD for DOS said they wished that AutoCAD showed the time somewhere on the screen thus my little DIGCLK was created for that purpose. There were many little gizmos I created back then such as feeding DXF files to a CNC machine. A color palette setter that enabled custom text and background colors for office accounting software, amongst other things. A Company did not care how perfect the source code was in the least, what they wanted was that it worked and that you came up with a solution ASAP!

Back in those early days there were many of us hobbyist DOS programmers who thought what the heck if a small utility was useful to some of your peers perhaps it would be to others. The point is in the old days, rather the code was good or bad, it was always willingly given out to others who shared the same interest in computer programming. The thing I miss the most was there was very little anonymity about oneself back in the old BBS and CompuServe days and most of us used our real names without fear. Words posted on what few computer programming boards there were back then was generally backed up by a persons real name which gave much more credence to what was being said or discussed. Those early days online you did not have to fear exposing who you really were as we do in todays internet world.

Force

Hi Blue Devil its a Good example

and you have a great site  :t

Regards

Force

bluedevil

Quote from: Force on November 30, 2012, 12:02:08 PM
Hi Blue Devil its a Good example

and you have a great site  :t

Regards

Force
Great Thanks Force =)