Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

debug lib and windows.inc in MASM64

Started by DebugBSD, September 09, 2020, 08:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebugBSD

Hi, good morning!

I would like to know where to find the file Windows.inc and debug.lib from MASM32 SDK into the MASM64 SDK. Those files doesn't seem to appear in the MASM64 framework. Are those files created by the install process or do I need to download the source from some repository and create them myself?

Thanks!
Guille
Happy Hacking!

hutch--

Look for win64.inc in the 64 bit include directory. No debug libraries have ever been produced.

I corrected a typo in the file name, it is "win64.inc".

DebugBSD

Quote from: hutch-- on September 09, 2020, 08:18:04 PM
Look for wein64.inc in the 64 bit include directory. No debug libraries have ever been produced.

Ok, thanks!

I wonder why there is no debug.lib for x64 meanwhile there is one for x32. Is that file being created from the install process? Or maybe that file is there for legacy purposes?

Have a nice day!
Guille
Happy Hacking!

HSE

Quote from: DebugBSD on September 09, 2020, 08:22:29 PM
why there is no debug.lib for x64 meanwhile there is one for x32
Debug.lib is part of VKdebug (see vkdebug directory in masm32).

A more advanced development (32/64) is in ObjAsm.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

DebugBSD

Quote from: HSE on September 09, 2020, 09:26:50 PM
Quote from: DebugBSD on September 09, 2020, 08:22:29 PM
why there is no debug.lib for x64 meanwhile there is one for x32
Debug.lib is part of VKdebug (see vkdebug directory in masm32).

A more advanced development (32/64) is in ObjAsm.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Finally that wasn't the library I was looking for haha.  The problem was that I was looking for some dependencies from RadASM IDE and Debug.lib was one of them, but finally, Debug.Lib comes from the RadASM (RadASM32/Debug) IDE instead of the MASM32SDK (%MASM32SDK%/vkdebug ) so that was my mistake. Sorry!

Thanks for everything!
Guille
Happy Hacking!

BugCatcher

Radasm has a nice simple built in debugger if you use debug.inc and debug.lib. You will have to use the old ml.exe in the masm sdk that produces the old pdb files.
The new ml.exe's in visual studio 2017 and 2019 creates the new format pdb's. The Radasm debugger won't work with them.

DebugBSD

Quote from: BugCatcher on September 11, 2020, 12:34:09 AM
Radasm has a nice simple built in debugger if you use debug.inc and debug.lib. You will have to use the old ml.exe in the masm sdk that produces the old pdb files.
The new ml.exe's in visual studio 2017 and 2019 creates the new format pdb's. The Radasm debugger won't work with them.

Hi BugCatcher, and thanks for your time.

I knew that but, I'm porting the RadAsm from x32 to x64 because I need support to the new PDB format to be able to debug my current projects which uses MASM64. Actually, that part of the debugger is turned off right now but I'll come back as soon as I finish other features which I'm trying to add to the IDE. Right now I'm using the external debugger option which is the CDB.EXE from Microsoft Windows SDK which is the debugger I know most, although it could be fine if I had support to the built in debugger.

Thanks a lot!
Guille
Happy Hacking!