News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Diagnostic disaster !

Started by hutch--, September 23, 2020, 04:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

I don't get caught all that often but with the new box with the Xeon in it, I moved it all into my normal work area and plugged it all together then tested the sound. Problem was my stereo amp was not working in terms of volume control. After testing a collection of plugin layouts I disconnected the amplifier but the sound kept working.

Then the penny dropped, I had changed the video cable to HDMI and this enabled the sound system in the monitor which for what its worth sounded OK so I plugged the amplifier back in then went to the sound setting in Control panel and changed it to speakers and all was well again. I was donated a pair of B&W shelf speakers by a lady down the road some time ago and they sound reasonable enough.

Good to know that I have a backup sound system (I guess).

Raistlin

16 th Commandment in the IT bible:
Thay shalt not have preconceived ideas
about arbitrary problems ? Rather eliminate the obvious.
Pps:
Just a tongue in cheek post do not kill me master.
I've been down in the dumps lately and miss you
guys terribly. Yes I am needy. They stole my precious,
LOTR style, my coding laptop..... :sad:
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on September 23, 2020, 04:23:36 AM
I don't get caught all that often but with the new box with the Xeon in it, I moved it all into my normal work area and plugged it all together then tested the sound. Problem was my stereo amp was not working in terms of volume control. After testing a collection of plugin layouts I disconnected the amplifier but the sound kept working.

Then the penny dropped, I had changed the video cable to HDMI and this enabled the sound system in the monitor which for what its worth sounded OK so I plugged the amplifier back in then went to the sound setting in Control panel and changed it to speakers and all was well again. I was donated a pair of B&W shelf speakers by a lady down the road some time ago and they sound reasonable enough.

Good to know that I have a backup sound system (I guess).
there is a dropdown menu when two sound systems HDMI monitor or computer speakers/amplifier/headset are connected,down in the right corner loudspeaker Icon
as you build gaming boxes,its good to know when to switch from monitor sound,to gaming headphones when you game together with your friends on a LAN
or 5000 Gamers connected in a rented big gym
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

HSE

Quote from: Raistlin on September 23, 2020, 04:42:00 AM
They stole my precious,
LOTR style, my coding laptop..... :sad:

Sorry to know that...

Then, you are not going to take over the world with assembly this year  :undecided:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Raistlin

Thanks for the tickle HSE (appreciate truly)  Watch this space though... incoming BEAST of insurance sponsored madness of a platform. Not my
original (sniff) baby (HP Envy x360 silver i7), my g..o..d.. that data was my life.
Now getting  a slight more SaVagE (F the world) -
AMD 4800H with RTX 2060, maxed on everything = literally, no compromise for the money (I still live in SA guys) to heal my wounds.
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...

hutch--

Sorry to hear that Rudi, its a real pain to lose years of work, I hope you had at least some of it backed up somewhere. Still, the new one sounds like it will be fun, toys are good for you.

Now one good idea if you have enough room at home is build yourself a BIG PIG, a multi-processor ThreadRipper full of many bits in a massive case in an upstairs room with a room full of accessories that are all interconnected so even if they can get into the room, the sheer volume of things will leave them confused.