Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Tabular Device Interface (TDI)

Started by HSE, November 10, 2020, 03:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi all!!

This is an idea to modify a project that is using MDI, but is a single document.

Then this is a SDI App that allow to maximize child windows. Limits are those of splitters.

Any sugestion is welcome!!
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Biterider

Hi Hector
Compliments, super nice and clean!  :thumbsup:
The interface works really smoothly. I will study the code and get back to you.

Regards, Biterider

HSE

:thumbsup:

Solved a little problem resulting from positioning splitter while client maximized, and resizing with a child maximized.

Uptade in first post.

Biterider

Hi HSE
The program compiles fine for 32 bits with no changes.  :thumbsup:
I get splitter controls a bit wider, but the rest are the same.

I think that for 64 bits, some minor adjustments are required. I'll look into this soon.

Good stuff!  :tongue:

Biterider

HSE

Thanks  :thumbsup:

Updated files in first post (more clean code and release binary).

Biterider

Hi HSE
I changed the code only a bit to be x64 compatible too.
Unfortunately I made a mistake somewhere. The title bars don't look like the ones in your code. Maybe you can check that out.
The rest seems to work.  :cool:
Attached the code and the binary file.

Regards, Biterider

Biterider

Hi HSE
I found the mistake. I did something forbidden in x64. I left some push/pop instructions from 32-bit code unchanged.  :rolleyes:
This is not allowed as it mess up stack references when you don't use rbp to do so.

Attached the corrected TdiChild.inc file. Now everything seems to be fine again.  :cool:

Biterider

Biterider

Hi HSE
I found a left over from the original code. It is the message 1000.  :icon_idea:
It is triggered by the menu item "Salir" and shows a demo dialog instead of exiting.

It is caused by a double definition. The first is in ListadoC_Shared.inc <IDM_HELLO equ 1000> and the second in the menu resource <MENUITEM "&Salir", 1000>.
FRaCP_App.OnCommand reacts to this message showing DIALOG1.

Regards, Biterider

HSE

Quote from: Biterider on November 11, 2020, 07:48:41 AM
The title bars don't look like the ones in your code. Maybe you can check that out.

Is a system colors problem. In 32bit machine look perfect, but in 64bit with high contrast don't look so good (32 and 64bit buildings exactly the same).

Quote from: Biterider on November 14, 2020, 06:26:00 PM
I found a left over from the original code.

:biggrin: From Demo10 I begin  an application. Later I thinked in a demo. Then erased my menu and other things, and pasted again a menu from a demo. For sure I miss correct demo  :thumbsup:

Some little improvements are on the way. I will add to dual code.

Thanks. HSE

Biterider

Hi HSE
I'm eager to see your improved code :biggrin:

Biterider

Biterider

Hi HSE
In my experience, it is always good to check your code with OA_Tools. It is certainly not a perfect tool, but it does point out potential issues that should be investigated.
I want to show you how to use it. It's very simple.  :biggrin:

• Open the application \ObjAsm\Projects\X\OA_Tools\OA_Tools.exe and set the options.
  • Then drag in all the asm and inc files and select the analysis type. Mostly "method tests" -> all.
  • The application shows the analysis result for each file in MDI child windows.
Some of the results are not errors but are by design, such as unused procedural parameters that must follow an API. Others need to be investigated.

Regards, Biterider

HSE

:biggrin:  :thumbsup:

I waked up 5:00 am thinking: mov edi, [xsi].dToolbarHeight
add edi, 6

I'm not preserving edi! But yes, I'm preserving edi.

HSE

Hi all!

Well, in the end I was not preserving edi in every proc  :biggrin:

Here splitter width is 2, that is a constant in splitter.inc.

Now there is high contrast detection, and different window properties depending on that.

TdiChild can't be embed directly. Now it's needed a derivate that create a window to show (or not in TdiEmpty).

Regards. HSE

Biterider

Builds on the first try. Perfect  :thumbsup:
Biterider

Biterider

Hi HSE
Looking for something on the Internet, I came across this article https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/93521/MultiPaneCtrl-Create-Hierarchically-Nested-Areas, which is a "Multipane User Interface "(MPI) implementation. It is very similar to your TDI work.
MS also describes this sort of interface here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/desktop/winforms/controls/create-a-multipane-user-interface-with-wf-using-the-designer?view=netframeworkdesktop-4.8. If you've seen Visual Studio, you've seen it in action on a real world application.

Do you think your code can be adapted for a MPI?  :rolleyes:

Biterider