News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

New editor.

Started by hutch--, November 13, 2020, 11:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

I have coded this one to use in part as a template for others I need to make from time to time. It has threaded file IO, does its confirmation correctly, it will load files > 100 megabytes, a novel technique for tooltips, it is FAST and its cute.  :tongue:

ATTACHMENT reloaded to fix error.

For folks who don't have access at a PB compiler, I have posted a near identical 64 bit MASM version which has a much larger capacity.

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=8954.0

Vortex

hutch--

Thanks Erol, seems to do the job OK.

HSE

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

stevenxie

hi,HUTCH,you are very good.however, it has happened a small bug in MY chinese verion WINDOWS 10. FONT SIZE IS TOO Small so that i can't  right edit the text.

hutch--

Its an example for the PowerBASIC compiler so while its easy enough to change the font size and type, you need to be able to build it to do so. The font used is the "fixedsys" font which may end up too small depending on your display resolution. What I don't know is the difference between a Chinese version and a US/UK version of Win10.

stevenxie

Quote from: hutch-- on November 14, 2020, 09:23:00 PM
Its an example for the PowerBASIC compiler so while its easy enough to change the font size and type, you need to be able to build it to do so. The font used is the "fixedsys" font which may end up too small depending on your display resolution. What I don't know is the difference between a Chinese version and a US/UK version of Win10.
However, I edit in the QEDIT.EXE without similar problems. QEDIT.EXE is very convenient to use, powerful, so that I basically do not need other IDE to code.

stevenxie

Hi ,HUTCH,
hFont =get_font_handle (12,9,600," fixedsys ")
SendMessage hEdit,%WM_SETFONT,hFont,%TRUE
Can I change the corresponding value in the above original code and rebuild the source program to achieve the effect I need?
I am sorry, there is no POWER BASIC. in my computer system I don't know where PWOERBAsIC can download to the latest version.

hutch--

PowerBASIC is commercial software, it cannot be downloaded for free. I can change the font name in a hex editor but cannot find the settings for the font.

jj2007

Quote from: hutch-- on November 14, 2020, 09:23:00 PMThe font used is the "fixedsys" font

Recompile it with Lucida Sans Typewriter. That font is scalable, i.e. hold Ctrl and use the mousewheel to choose the right size.

hutch--

Yes, that works well,

consolas
courier new
lucida console

I will do a cooked version as I don't want the original changed.

Would anyone want it in old Microsoft blue with light grey test ? Emulation of the 1990 PWB.

ATTACHMENT HAS BEEN RELOADED

stevenxie

Quote from: jj2007 on November 14, 2020, 10:34:05 PM
Quote from: hutch-- on November 14, 2020, 09:23:00 PMThe font used is the "fixedsys" font

Recompile it with Lucida Sans Typewriter. That font is scalable, i.e. hold Ctrl and use the mousewheel to choose the right size.
hi,VROTEX.I haven't mastered this technique yet

hutch--

With the version posted above, just the binary, hold down the CTRL key and move the scroll wheel on the mouse.

jj2007

Quote from: hutch-- on November 14, 2020, 10:55:31 PM
With the version posted above, just the binary, hold down the CTRL key and move the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Works fine! Note Hutch means the updated version in reply #10, i.e. not the top post.

stevenxie

Quote from: hutch-- on November 14, 2020, 10:55:31 PM
HI,HUTCH,I AM SUCCESSFULL
:eusa_boohoo: