News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Version 3 of tEdit

Started by hutch--, December 15, 2020, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

With thanks to "quarantined" for finding a bug in the search with single characters, I have fixed that bug then fixed a couple of very obscure bugs that followed from it. The reason for some of the complexity is that the default handling of a number of capacities in the rich edit control had to be over ridden so that the paragraph indent remained simple and easy to use. When text is selected the TAB key is disabled, when there is no selection, it replaces tabs with spaces so the text can be used in other contexts without having to account for different TAB sizes.

The inline technique for the left and right indent control is fast enough to no longer need preset indent and if you need to left align the selected text, just use the left arrow key to align the text to the margin then set whatever indent is needed.

Same as before, it will load files in excess of 500 meg, it is genuinely fast and handsome enough. It is no joy to modify but it is the nature of the beast. As before it is copyright software to prevent it being included in shovel ware and it is presented complete with full source code for members to use, modify or use its components.

stevenxie

hi Hutch! You are really a great programmer.YOU are  very great.

hutch--

Thanks for the compliment but I hope this version has no errors, after finishing this version I climbed all over it to try and find any errors and could not so I released it.

zedd151

Quote from: hutch-- on December 15, 2020, 07:54:03 PM
I hope this version has no errors...
I reeeally hate to be the bearer of bad news but I found something purely by accident.
Indentation using the right arrow key is kind of screwy. First it selects the text all the way to the top of the page. upon repeated clicking the right arrow now some characters are getting lost in the process.
I just installed Windows 7 64 bit on this box (again) and was looking at tEdit3 and its functions.

I checked the original tEdit from the examples, it also has this issue. 
Quote from: hutch-- on December 15, 2020, 07:54:03 PM so I released it.
edit = (oh its the same code)

You will be pleased to know that their big brother 'teditor' does not have this issue. Most likelly different code used there.

hutch--

You are right, a while ago I found some of the keyboard shortcuts did unusual things but I have not had the time to tweak it.

zedd151

I'd been looking for some functions to add to my SimplEditor when I stumbled upon that. Search for single characters works well though, Down or Up.  :thup: 
In any case, tEdit v3 is already out in the wild, so no hurry, no worry.