Author Topic: FireFux and Adobe Flash Updates  (Read 8888 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: FireFux and Adobe Flash Updates
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 06:43:02 AM »
I will be so glad when HTML 5 is up and going and widely accepted, I seem to get Adobe upgrades squarking to be run on a regular basis and you always have to turn off the bundleware attached.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Farabi

• Neuroscience Fans
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 02:43:07 PM »
The latest version of Windows Firefox hung each 3 hours. When I closed the tabs the memory is kept using at 800MBytes. It causing the whole system jammed because of insufficient memory. When I switched to my linux, the flash cannot be updated because the developer stopped supporting my linux version, so I switch to another linux distro, and it worked fine.
http://farabidatacenter.url.ph/MySoftware/
My 3D Game Engine Demo.

Contact me at Whatsapp: 6283818314165

daydreamer2

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 02:31:16 AM »
I want this firefox :P

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 10:25:58 AM »
made for a good movie - lol
actually, one of Eastwood's better non-westerns

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083943/

Magnum

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 03:28:25 PM »
Dave,

You might want to check out SeaMonkey.

Not as bloated or full of bull*&^% as Firefox.

Firefox comes out with updates every 2 weeks. Gimme a break. :-)

It has quadrupled in size in about 5 years.

Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-16.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 04:52:49 PM »
Adobe Flash is a tragicomedy, just a day or two after a "major" security update, Symantec reports yet another two bugs: Second PoC exploit for Adobe Flash Player discovered after the hackers-for-hire company breach. Nice that they found it by using the leaked docs of the "Hacking Team", a company that was quickly re-baptised to "The Hacked Team". Their hacked site is still visible through WayBack Machine, see here:

Hacked Team ‏@hackingteam 36m36 minutes ago

Since we have nothing to hide, we're publishing all our e-mails, files, and source code https://mega.co.nz/#!Xx1lhChT!rbB-LQQyRypxd5bcQnqu-...

Apparently, about 400GB were leaked, and the professional reaction of the "Hacked Team" was to claim that the leaked archive "contains a virus"  :biggrin:

But Symantec and friends were not scared by that virus, so we got a brandnew Flash update: it will now be safe, at least for a day or two.

Since I like Firefox, I'd call it a mere tragedy what happens to this browser. Yesterday, I tried to delete some months of history. It took ages, and eventually the crash reporter popped up. I left my email and advice regarding LB_INITSTORAGE but accept bets that they will never inform me whether they fixed that bug - the Mozilla gang has never listened to users.

For those who have many history entries: Start from the bottom with deleting, say, a hundred entries, and repeat the process until it gets faster. It may take several minutes at the beginning, and FF becomes unresponsive. Click "continue" if the "unresponsive script" box shows up. While waiting, use another browser if you need Internet.

anta40

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:55 AM »
I think this news should make jj (and other guys) happy:
Firefox Now Blocks Flash By Default

Well... me too  :P

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 02:30:17 AM »
The problem is that there is so much flash content around. You need that player, despite of its hilarious problems and the incredibly clumsy updating process.

anunitu

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 03:03:00 AM »
Looks like Flash is gonna get flushed...

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
After yet another Flash change most of my regular Flash based web sites stopped working correctly or squarked an out of date message for Flash Player so I had to experiment to get it all working again. Even though I have the later versions of IronPortable in both 32 and 64 bit I prefer the version of about a year ago and the trick this time was to download the latest Flash Player, shut down the browser, install the upgrade and try it out and for once it worked OK. That will be until the next Flash exploit that will happen yesterday and I will have to change it all again.

I await HTML 5 like the coming of the Messiah.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »
Google takes over, even in China
Guess which is the only country in the World where FF is still the leading browser?
Interesting also the dominance of Opera in Africa.

Donkey

• ASS-embler
    • Donkey's Stable
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 10:08:46 PM »
I'm still using Firefox, but I've been warming up to Microsoft Edge lately. Firefox can't seem to handle Plex media manager, which I use, and is seriously bloated. Edge, which I think is based on Chrome, is a nice browser and fairly well stripped down.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

zedd151

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 07:24:10 AM »
The latest version of Windows Firefox hung each 3 hours.

And I always thought it was something wrong on my end.

I have had several versions of firefox, and always hoping the next version wouldn't 'hang' occasionally.

At version 39 point something now and it still hangs quite often, only recourse for me is to close it with task manager.

Oh, and yes I HATE when software insists on being updated. Sometimes (most times) newer does not == better, imo.

I also really hate anything "New and Improved" especially when I found nothing wrong with the original - be it food, electronics, software, etc

Links broken - to be remedied soon
----------------------------------------------
hutch: "MASM does not have bugs, it just has features you need to understand." 8)

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
DON'T PANIC!!
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2016, 01:54:27 AM »
A few days ago I had to reboot my notebook, so the usual Adobe box popped up saying Flash has become more stable, faster, user-friendly bla bla. So, being an obedient Windows user, I updated Adobe Crap.

Now today, no boot message (!) but an alarming article in Der Spiegel, saying some trojans are eagerly waiting for DPU's (dumbest possible users) like YOU to take over your complete puter ("the update takes care of 23 security flaws")!! So hurry up, Flush Adobe if you can :greensml: