Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Re: The MASM Forum Introduction Video

Started by Vortex, January 25, 2021, 01:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex

Hi Hutch,

Again, very nice work :thumbsup: No any lag or glitch.

TimoVJL

May the source be with you

HSE

A little faster for my English  :biggrin:

Look very well at 0.5x, music sound even better at this speed :thumbsup:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

avcaballero

Both videos look and move smoothly. I like specially the first one, both the image and the background music.

daydreamer

Looks great and nice music and very informative  :thumbsup:
Wonder will you keep going like show how to make "hello world" in masm 64?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

I moved the member comments out of the introduction forum so that the introduction videos were easy to find and occurred in sequential order. I have more on the way and I need to be able to just add each new one after the previous one. Also, thanks for your comments and testing, it addressed some things that I cannot directly test.

HSE

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

The credits for music in youtube library apparently must have this format:

Stardust by Jay Someday https://soundcloud.com/jaysomeday
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/-_stardust
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/3FcdHjZbP3A

hutch--

Under "Studio" in your Youtube account,

Terms and conditions
Your use of this music library (including the music files in this library) is subject to the YouTube Terms of Service. Music from this library is intended solely for use by you in videos and other content that you create. You may use music files from this library in videos that you monetize on YouTube.

By downloading music from this library, you agree with the following:

You may not make available, distribute or perform the music files from this library separately from videos and other content into which you have incorporated these music files (e.g., standalone distribution of these files is not permitted).
You may not use music files from this library in an illegal manner or in connection with any illegal content.
You agree to comply with these requirements when you use music from this library.

Learn more about the YouTube Audio Library.

HSE

:thumbsup:

Just I listen in the library a few tracks requiring that:
QuoteGive attribution
Some music in the YouTube Audio Library requires you to give attribution (credit) to the artist in exchange for using their music in your video.

If you're using a track that has an attribution-required icon  listed in the License type column, make sure to credit the artist in your video's description.

In the License Type column, you can click  and copy  the attribution text. Then, you can paste this text into your video's description. Learn more about attribution from Creative Commons.

Gunther

Steve,

the video is well done, informative and instructive. Taking small steps is the right approach. This makes it easier for the switchers and newcomers. The test bed is a good help.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

hutch--

Hi Gunther,

What I am trying to do with the videos is help new members to understand the background of the revival of mainstream assembler programming and to do this, it need to be a coherent message for a new member to comprehend what is finally a complex field. In the early days of the forum this was well understood and it worked well but over time a new member is seen as a resource for folks peddling a range of alternative technologies.

When a new member get hit with a wall of conflicting technologies, tools, licences and arguments, they just disappear and this has been happening more often than not recently. The idea is to present a coherent technique so that a new member can get up and going with successful code that runs properly. Once a new member is up and going, they can explore any technology they want once they know how it works.

Gunther

Steve,

I agree with you there. What about similar help for Win64? Is there anything planned in this direction?

Gunther

hutch--

Its coming but I have to get the entry level 32 bit code better understood so that more people can start writing assembler code in MASM. As I generally work in 64 bit these days, it will in fact be easier and its a great environment to work with as it is a more powerful environment with a lot of extra power and capacity.

Its usually the case that a programmer needs a reasonable background in 32 bit code to transit to 64 bit as it is a more complex area and it is structurally different but once you are familiar with it, it is very similar to writing 32 bit code. You have to effectively ditch PUSH / POP style code as the argument layout on the stack is very different and avoid using registers as arguments in the first 4 arguments as you can get unexpected overlaps but most of it is similar to 32 bit.

daydreamer

what about if I send you .gif with few seconds/frame,where I screencapture several steps howto make a 32bit program,would that be useful?
do you use any storyboard when make them?

@Gunther
"switchers" as programmers who always use switch/case vs jumptables/series of IFs ? :biggrin:
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

Gunther

Quote from: daydreamer on January 28, 2021, 10:32:58 PM
@Gunther
"switchers" as programmers who always use switch/case vs jumptables/series of IFs ? :biggrin:

Precisely! :thumbsup:

Gunther