News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Test piece for technical data in win64

Started by hutch--, February 02, 2021, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

If I could impose on some of the members to test out this technical data format. I have a technique to get these very small so they should be a little kinder to folks who don't have access to fast internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-YXcb2nDrc

LiaoMi

Hi hutch,

I actively follow your preparations for your blogging life on YouTube  :badgrin:. When can fans expect your debut? :biggrin: The video is self-explanatory, but there are no extended comments. Does YouTube have its own optimization services ?! My small videos always got bigger.

hutch--

:biggrin:

I am not into blogging but I am into video, I don't want to wreck your screen with my ugly mug.  :tongue:

It was just a test piece to see if it looked OK. I use ffmpeg to control the output by the bitrate and normally a raw video is some rediculous size that has to be dropped down. If a video does not have a lot of movement in it, you can screw the bitrate right down and it will display OK but if you have fast moving scenes, especially if they are not smooth movements you have to run much higher bitrates for it to look any good.

What I have in mind with future videos was basically the format above as I can screw the bitrate right down and make them easier for folks who don't have access at fast internet. I have played with bubble popups directly in the video and they look OK and read easily, the only thing I have not worked out yet is if any music is of use. With no sound a video can be a bit dead to watch but with code, it may act as a distraction.

HSE

Quote from: hutch-- on February 03, 2021, 06:57:06 PM
I have not worked out yet is if any music is of use.
:biggrin: I saw the video yesterday without sound.

Yes some sound is nedeed, can be music in presentation and end, but some sound effect when arrow reach final points.  :thumbsup:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jack

Hi hutch
as I get older I appreciate quietness, your video is great without music (I hate video presentations that include background music=noise)
instead of adding music, talk

hutch--

Hi jack,

I take your point and are much the same but a silent video is not as viewable for most people so with the latest one, I have used a soundtrack that should be non offensive and if it still annoys you, you can just turn the sound off.