News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Forum QR Code

Started by hutch--, March 04, 2021, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

MASM Forum QR Code. I don't know if its useful but it works with my mobile phones.

Gunther

Steve,

is it useful? One could use it for the login process. But what about the members who don't have a smartphone?

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

hutch--

:biggrin:

Having only had a mobile phone for a month or so, you probably know more about them that I do. I have all of what I need working OK but I find them hard to read and I get eyestrain quickly if I try and do much on it.

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on March 04, 2021, 05:40:35 PM
:biggrin:

Having only had a mobile phone for a month or so, you probably know more about them that I do. I have all of what I need working OK but I find them hard to read and I get eyestrain quickly if I try and do much on it.
if you are indoors,check if phone+smarttv or other device supports screen mirroring,special wifi connection helps using larger screen and project videos on smart -tv or some smart tablet

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

I just found a freeware app that reads QR code in Windows.

https://www.codetwo.com/freeware/qr-code-desktop-reader/

Tested so far from an image file and from the screen and it works OK.

luciddreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on March 04, 2021, 12:06:02 PM
MASM Forum QR Code. I don't know if its useful but it works with my mobile phones.

QR Codes are quite old way of doing stuff like linking websites, forums..., People usually use NFC (Near Field Communication Technology), NFC tags are very inexpensive and you can pretty much stick them on anything, I have one on my key-chain and on my books for storing notes or sensitive data for emergencies. NFC works with a copper coil inside your smartphone, via electromagnetic induction it activates the other coil (the sticker), you can store more data with NFC tags, only downside is that you need to buy them. I think that works with both major Mobile OS's on Android and IOS, probably your phone supports it too.

Edit 1:
NFC tags are better way to engage more audience to grow a forum than QR Codes, you can stick them pretty much everywhere physically and they wont disappear that easily, The sad truth is that the general public is not that interested in low level coding or creating something that is not filled with bloated binaries.
PC specs:
Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro/Arch Linux
CPU:i5-4460
GPU:RX-580 8GB
RAM:8GB ddr3 single channel