Message to All Guests

Main Menu

smartphone usage,app&tricks?

Started by daydreamer, March 09, 2021, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

I when got smartphone I started to use internet everywhere
I went thru some Android tutorials
when I got the usual age problem of lose ability to read tiny text,for example Boxes containing PC CD/DVD games have very tiny minimum & recommended CPU,RAM,OS,gfx card,Dx version I used phone camera and magnified it to read on screen,when it was very seldom I needed to read tiny text
listen to music when my mp4 player died

some uses and apps I felt it was too small screen,so I bought smart 10.1 tablet:samsung note which came with pen and apps that you could write notes with pen and use function to turn it to computer text,which I could use train draw Hiragana/katakana/kanji characters
photoshop touch,simpler version of photoshop to be used with pen

later a thinner and lighter waterproof 10.1 tablet,safer to bring to a place you drink and eat,to not ruining your PC with spilling drinks or food on it
Stream youtube and from free tv streaming sites and screen mirroring on smart tv
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

TouEnMasm

lay your thumb and another finger on the screen, spread both fingers and you get a magnifying glass effect.
Fa is a musical note to play with CL

mineiro

The cool thing about a cell phone are sensors; the more the better and unfortunately the more expensive.
I live in the countryside and use apps like dipping compass, compass with camera, humidity, barometer (atmospheric pressure), magnetic field, level (plume), noise meter (cicadas and birds singing), solar incidence on plants (lumens), ... .
I photograph plants and insert information from planting, germination to the time of the fruit and automatically add it to the agenda. To perform work in the field is a good utility, I listen radio when I am in the field, a wireless headset is good.
Something I noticed in chickens is that the grunts mean messages; there are grunts to find food, another to hide, another not to get close I'm angry, another to please don't get close, .... Interesting.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

daydreamer

Quote from: TouEnMasm on March 10, 2021, 02:58:08 AM
lay your thumb and another finger on the screen, spread both fingers and you get a magnifying glass effect.
your wideangle camera photos it produces,there is an option to crop photo in image viewer and make a new cropped photo,with all the unnecesary pixels from wideangle photo

many people get latest smartphone all the time,coming showing off newest version of samsung smartphone,128gb memory,golden outside for example
I have old phone,so I rather put money on computers and Cg software for example
but I like android interface,so I spent money on tablets instead,with bigger screen its more cross between a computer and a smartphone,sketching or edit images phones have too small display for that
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

TimoVJL

10 inch MediaPad is good for old people, as if it have a camera too.
Tablet is nice with endoscope too, with LEDs you can look where sun don't shine :tongue:
OBD 2 apps are nice too.
May the source be with you

daydreamer

Quote from: TimoVJL on March 10, 2021, 11:33:44 PM
10 inch MediaPad is good for old people, as if it have a camera too.
Tablet is nice with endoscope too, with LEDs you can look where sun don't shine :tongue:
OBD 2 apps are nice too.
old people?I have watched from tv sending from riksdagshuset,debates and seen politicians use a tablet beside a glass of water,to keep their notes,their speeches and the youngest parlament member we have was 18 years old when first elected

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

TimoVJL

I am already a relative old man (62) and sometimes i do support pensioners with their PC problems.
For example, an old family, over 80, don't want a PC, just use internet, and they have an internet connection for their Smart TV, so it was a first thing to tell them an options, and they choose an Android Tablet.
Now they see weather procast and horse rases.
May the source be with you

daydreamer

Quote from: TimoVJL on March 11, 2021, 02:29:39 AM
I am already a relative old man (62) and sometimes i do support pensioners with their PC problems.
For example, an old family, over 80, don't want a PC, just use internet, and they have an internet connection for their Smart TV, so it was a first thing to tell them an options, and they choose an Android Tablet.
Now they see weather procast and horse rases.
it was good to keep a PC to run old PC games,but nowadays old only PC games have been remade to playstation and Android tablet versions and a playstation or Xbox console is cheap than gaming PC and has good grunt and android phone/tablet hardware has good grunt too
but maybe some games works/feel not the same with a touch controlled compared to PC original version with mouse/keyboard control
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

:biggrin:

Timo,

You are only a young fella, you have many years of genius left.  :thup:

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on March 11, 2021, 02:57:31 PM

Timo,

You are only a young fella, you have many years of genius left.  :thup:
I am only 035h years old, wonder who is our youngest whippersnapper?   :biggrin:
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

daydreamer

You can use tablet for write pseudo code,and later I discovered how I can transfer all kinds of assembly,c and cpp code to it  and edit it

Wonder if anyone want to try set up some PC webserver, so you copy/paste in code and it runs assembler it and send back assembler output?

Here we have a swisch app and bank system, so you can send and receive money with only knowing the others cell phone number
Do you also have similar system in your country?
Do you also have digital id app, so you can do bank and all kinds of authorities errands digitally?
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

mineiro

Quote from: TimoVJL on March 11, 2021, 02:29:39 AM
and sometimes i do support pensioners with their PC problems.
hehehe, I have painted several remote control buttons with red enamel to instruct the elderly.

Quote from: daydreamer on March 22, 2021, 04:59:44 PM
Do you also have similar system in your country?
Do you also have digital id app, so you can do bank and all kinds of authorities errands digitally?
Here (Brasil) we have an application called "pix" to make these transfers and payments over the phone. You must register first before using.
Particularly I don't use it, if I lose my cell phone or something like that happens ..., money can fly.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

daydreamer

Miniero, loose phone is bad,
But today you can buy kinda combo wallet where you can store credit cards /phone outer protection, so it becomes  worse getting everything stolen at same time

This file commander let me open up zip files,but not zip one or several files
Any free zip android app?
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

LiaoMi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr757Likfzw

My current mobile phone first appeared in 2007  :eusa_dance:

hutch--

And it still works ?

I remember the old brick types that the drug dealers used to carry, is it that old ?