Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Check the forum for new posts

Started by jj2007, March 11, 2021, 01:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Test for strange characters:

QuoteBEGIN
   001,   "Enter text here"         ; e.g. for ToolTips hEdit=wRes$(1+400*MyLanguage)
   002,   "Click on this button"   ; e.g. for wSetWin$ hButton=wRes$(2+400*MyLanguage)
   003,   "Welcome"
   401,   "Введите текст здесь"   ; "Enter text here" in Russian
   402,   "Нажмите на эту кнопку"   ; "Click on this button" in Russian
   403,   "Добро пожаловать"   ; "Welcome" in Russian; Wiki: ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Заглавная_страница
   801,   "أدخل النص هنا"               ; "Enter text here" in Arabic
   802,   "دفع هذا الزر"                  ; "Click on this button" in Arabic
   803,   "مرحبا بكم"                  ; "Welcome" in Arabic
   1201,   "在這裡輸入文字"      ; "Enter text here" in Chinese
   1202,   "按一下這個按鈕"      ; "Click on this button" in Chinese
   1203,   "歡迎"                     ; "Welcome" in Chinese
END

zedd151

Quote from: jj2007 on January 07, 2023, 06:17:08 AM
Test for strange characters:
Here! Oh, you're not taking attendance. Did you mean to make an attachment? Otherwise that post makes no sense without context.

later added ... after some thinking ... ... ...  :icon_idea:   :icon_idea:   :icon_idea:
Oh, I get it. Were you testing out the program and viewing that post in it? That would make sense.

jj2007

Quote from: zedd151 on January 07, 2023, 04:46:22 PMWere you testing out the program and viewing that post in it? That would make sense.

Exactly. Here, the forum watcher displays all exotic strings correctly. Same for you?

zedd151

Quote from: jj2007 on January 07, 2023, 09:02:16 PM
Quote from: zedd151 on January 07, 2023, 04:46:22 PMWere you testing out the program and viewing that post in it? That would make sense.

Exactly. Here, the forum watcher displays all exotic strings correctly. Same for you?
I haven't seen any issues thus far, jj.  :thumbsup:

jj2007

I haven't updated it for a while, but you might like the latest version: it allows to search inside the posts.

Extract the exe to a folder and run it. Please report any issues, especially on Win10.

By default, it looks for strings that are typical for code, such as "mov" or "eax" or "rax". When you press Ctrl F, an exit box asks you to enter a search string. Type e.g. climate and hit Return. Matching posts will be highlighted.

Result right now:

Current recent posts:

zedd151

Will look into it downloading and testing MasmBasic later... Couldn't PM in return to your PM:
edit=removed attached image as it has served its purpose.

jj2007

Given that Stewart managed to activate safe surfing here, the version posted above didn't find its magic texts :cool:

Here is the new version.

zedd151

Quote from: jj2007 on June 29, 2023, 01:54:56 AM
Given that Stewart managed to activate safe surfing here, the version posted above didn't find its magic texts :cool:

Here is the new version.

first message box:

Error downloading msfte...
QuoteArchive download failed

second message box:

TOM init failed
QuoteInvalid window handle

jj2007

There is a problem with your firewall: the program cannot download a required DLL.

- open this archive
- extract msftedjj.dll to the folder where you placed CheckNewPosts.exe
- start CheckNewPosts.exe

msftedjj.dll is a minimally modified (i.e. one byte) version of the Win7 C:\Windows\System32\msftedjj.dll

zedd151

okay the window now opens but...
Quote*** 15:50:34: could not download recent posts, sorry ***
#D-U#D-U

jj2007

Ok, that's not a surprise, given that the DLL could not be downloaded... so your firewall blocks downloads. Good, that's what firewalls should do (mine doesn't :tongue:). That probably means you must add an exception for the exe.

zedd151

I am not running the firewall, never do. Nor anything antivirus...
The dll did download...  (592,384 bytes)

jj2007

Quote from: zedd151 on June 29, 2023, 06:56:22 AM

Just checked mine, it has exceptions for Firefox and several others but not for CheckNewPosts.exe :rolleyes:

QuoteThe dll did download...  (592,384 bytes)

Automagically, or by hand with the archive?

zedd151

Quote from: jj2007 on June 29, 2023, 07:00:07 AM
Quote from: zedd151 on June 29, 2023, 06:56:22 AM
The dll did download...  (592,384 bytes)

Automagically, or by hand with the archive?
using the link provided

jj2007

Ok, so that means it cannot download this file, which serves to check for new posts. Umpf... :sad: