Author Topic: A little side humour.  (Read 87 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
A little side humour.
« on: April 05, 2021, 08:47:19 PM »
I actually bothered to configure a microphone on my dev box and confirmed again why I prefer voice overs being done with TTS software. I have a very flat Australian accent and while I have no problems being understood where I live, many from different countries would not understand what I was saying.

The real problem setting it up was a mike that I bought a couple of years ago just did not have enough gain, I tried a pair of cheap headphone mikes that were worse then I remembered that I owned a couple of Rode video mikes so I fished them out and they had  more gain and were decent high fidelity mikes as well.

This is well and good but I just did not like what I sounded like so its TTS voice overs, some of which I even like.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

daydreamer

• building nextdoor
Re: A little side humour.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 06:58:40 PM »
what is closest to your accent?
ramsay street,?
flying doctors,?
Oz rockbands?
I have a game,where probably a girl character has exaggarated Oz accent and exaggarated use of "crikey",dont think a real Ozzie is using crikey so much
SIMD fan and macro fan
Happy new year 2021 that can only turn out to become better than worse 2020 :)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 07:09:04 PM »
None, I sould like inner city Sydney. Most of the stuff you have heard is "tourist" Australian English.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

daydreamer

• building nextdoor
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 07:44:21 PM »
I live in Southern sweden where we have accent that is probably influenced by this was once a danish province,daytrips to denmark is nice
instead of crikey,we have few words only used and understood in this parts

whats your accent thats typical that province you live in?or you have accent still from old place you moved from and relocated because of job,wife or other reasons?

here mayority of people who move to big citys are women,"urbanisering",are that also so in Sydney?population is more women than men?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 09:04:59 PM by daydreamer »
SIMD fan and macro fan
Happy new year 2021 that can only turn out to become better than worse 2020 :)