News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Has anyone ever done any work on ResEd ?

Started by hutch--, July 04, 2021, 08:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

I ask this for a reason, the default minimum grid resolution is 2 dialog units and while you can tweak the control position in the right side settings, it makes some actions difficult to align properly. I wonder if there is a simple way to set the minimum grid resolution to 1 rather than two.

HSE

Hi Hutch!

I changed range in the controls. I don't see any other restriccion to grid range.

Regards, HSE

Update: commented text modifications retrieval in file not opened as text.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

HSE

hutch--

Hi Hector, just tested it with a button and it works fine.  :thumbsup:

The resize has a resolution of 1 dlg unit but the move still has 2 dlg units. Is that possible to change as well ?

HSE

HSE

It's move 1 dlg unit. Just it's very dificult because don't show what you are doing like resizing.

Perhaps it's posible make that show the positions.

LATER: I added an scrollbar and now button show move position and resize. Something it's not totally well.

LATER2: It's more easy if you slowdowm mouse pointer velocity.

hutch--

When you have it ready, post it and I will test it.

HSE

With same binary open options>behavior and OK (at least 2 times  :biggrin:)

Somewhere something is preventing "gridsize x" to be minor than 2 in initialization. (It's correctly stored and retrived from register)  :nie:

HSE

Apparently a message after register reading solve problem. Updated above.

Still is a mistery why x gridsize was 2, because default was 3!

hutch--

I have been testing with 3 buttons arranged vertically and it appears that the spacing is more consistent with the mods you have done. The width and height ajustment works well at 1 dlg unit and while the position ajustments are still 2 dlg units, I seem to be getting more reliable spacings.

I am chasing the accuracy because I have been experimenting with bitmap buttons and the problem is bitmaps are sized in pixels where dlg buttons are sized in dlg units. With a normal CreateWindowEx window, you can get everything to line up pixel perfect but with a dialog it takes some messing around to get them to fit accurately. You can resize the bitmaps but they look like crap when scaled.

hutch--

I just did a test RC file using a static control, an edit control and a button, all lined up horizontally and with the static control, you can ajust the horizontal alignment by changing the height of the control in relation to the edit control but the button is harder to align to the edit control as you don't easily have an accurate way to ajust the height location, IE the top edge.

I can tweak the position coordinated manually in the right side list which gets the location close.

HSE

Quote from: hutch-- on July 08, 2021, 10:06:17 AM
while the position ajustments are still 2 dlg units

That can be an effect of your screen resolution in relation with mouse pointer velocity, the last can be modified from Control Panel. I have some problems to move only one x unit, I have to use the two hands in the mouse to make exact movement, crazy!  Was solved making pointer velocity barely more slow.

Quote from: hutch-- on July 08, 2021, 11:02:24 AM
but the button is harder to align to the edit control as you don't easily have an accurate way to ajust the height location, IE the top edge.

Button can have a border, then don't look same height. Some controls adjust height by font height, I think. ComboBox usually is a problem  :biggrin:

Unfortunatelly we don't have M$ control's source code to see how that work  :hmmm:

hutch--

I tend to do the trimming via the keyboard although I don't have any real problems sketching out a dialog with a mouse. The version at the moment works better than Ketil's last one and if I find a control that is difficult to get the top alighment via mouse and keyboard, I can tweak it manually in the text settings at the right hand side to adjust the top or left setting.

I long ago recompiled the ancient 16 bit Microsoft dialog editor to 32 bit and while it only handled the very old Win3.? controls, it used to work really well.

Now I wonder if there is a way to set the keyboard ajustments for both width and height movement to alter the manual text settings in the side text list ?

HSE

Quote from: hutch-- on July 08, 2021, 05:24:11 PM
Now I wonder if there is a way to set the keyboard ajustments for both width and height movement to alter the manual text settings in the side text list ?
I founded that: after selection with mouse, arrows  or TAB, movement is maked using CTRL + arrow, and resize is SHIFT + arrow.

Just in case someone want to see, all KetilO code is in https://github.com/svn2github/fbedit

hutch--

Hi Hector, let me know if you have finished tweaking ResEd and I will put its link where other folks can find it.