Oz time zones?

Started by daydreamer, October 03, 2021, 10:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

Hi hutch
What different time zones in Oz?
Melbourne must be most different compared to Sydney
And Alice springs
Also makes me wonder what happened to the other. Previous Oz masm programmers?

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

Because OZ is a big country, it has different time zones. On the east coast its "Eastern Standard Time" and in the summer its "Eastern Summer Time". South OZ has a different time zone and west OZ is different again. I don't know how its done on Herd Island or OZ territories in Antarctica.

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on October 04, 2021, 09:01:57 AM
Because OZ is a big country, it has different time zones. On the east coast its "Eastern Standard Time" and in the summer its "Eastern Summer Time". South OZ has a different time zone and west OZ is different again. I don't know how its done on Herd Island or OZ territories in Antarctica.
We also have changing standard time and summer time
If you put up a tent on the south Pole,you can move it to your favourite. Time zone  :greenclp:
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

mineiro

Brazil has 4 time zones.
In the past, when lottery outlets were closed, we would call a parent residing in another time zone to place the bet for us.
It is currently not possible, lottery outlets close at the same time.

When they launched windows 3.11, 95, ..., the base of the Brazilian time zone was the city of São Paulo. This is wrong, the capital of Brazil is the point of reference for the area. Nothing has changed nowadays, the reference is still São Paulo for windows/linux.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

daydreamer

Quote from: mineiro on October 06, 2021, 06:51:54 AM
Brazil has 4 time zones.
In the past, when lottery outlets were closed, we would call a parent residing in another time zone to place the bet for us.
It is currently not possible, lottery outlets close at the same time.

When they launched windows 3.11, 95, ..., the base of the Brazilian time zone was the city of São Paulo. This is wrong, the capital of Brazil is the point of reference for the area. Nothing has changed nowadays, the reference is still São Paulo for windows/linux.
seem annoying,probably most time zones in russia
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding