Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Easy Code 64 crashes on compile

Started by Phrediac, November 20, 2021, 11:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phrediac

Hi,

I've just downloaded the latest version of Easy Code. Whenever I try to assemble a file or a project, the program crashes without warning or message. This is true of all the sample programs using either compile or build. I have set the correct directories for the compiler, linker (VS 2019), include files and libs (Easy Code).

Any suggestions

Many thanks
-Ian

rsala

Hi Ian,

Thanks for using Easy Code!

I have tested EC on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (both, 32-bit and 64-bit) and there is no problem, so I do not know what can be happening. I attach an image of my settings for Masm32 and I hope it can help you. As you can see I have all tools in drive "G:".

Regards!
EC coder

jj2007

Quote from: Phrediac on November 20, 2021, 11:41:51 AMthe program crashes without warning or message

Ian,
Try running the executable with OllyDbg. Perhaps you can find out where exactly it crashes.

rsala

I just tried to use Easy Code as if I were a user who download it for the first time. In that case, as explained in the help file, all paths are referred to drive "C:" and you have to replace them with the right ones.
Anyway, downloading EC v2 for the first time and without modifying a single path, IT DOES NOT CRASH. You cannot compile anything, of course, but it does not crash.
So, as jj2007 says, try to run the executable with OllyDbg (or any other debugger) and maybe we will have a clue of the problem.
EC coder

Phrediac

Hi rsala and jj2007

I'm using Easy Code 64 so OllyDbg warns about running it. I discovered what caused the crash. I had set the text encoding to Unicode. Reverting to ANSI fixed that.

Many thanks for the help
-Ian

rsala

Glad to hear you solved the problem!
Some compilers do not accept Unicode files, so please take that into account when setting the text encoding.
EC coder