Author Topic: US situation  (Read 958 times)

TimoVJL

US situation
« on: December 04, 2021, 07:24:39 AM »
Parents of Michigan shooter Ethan Crumbley, 15, go on the RUN after being charged with manslaughter for his school rampage that left four dead: Prosecutors reveal they bought the 9mm handgun for him for CHRISTMAS
Parents of Michigan shooter Ethan Crumbley

EDIT:
Parents of Michigan school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley arrested in Detroit after going missing
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 12:33:38 AM by TimoVJL »
May the source be with you

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: US situation
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 07:38:51 AM »
Yeah, you could tell he was a wimp when real men[tm] used to own a 1911 Colt 45 Automatic, ex army issue. Sad to say its an exposure of US society in some places when the idea of murdering children in a school is a target for someone who has issues with society. Much the same comment as that lunatic that murdered so many people on a holiday island in Scandinavia.

While it is virtuous to keep them alive in misery for the rest of their life instead of just bumping them off, adding misery and torture to their long and unhappy life is not without its virtues. Perhaps the approach by Vlad Tepes would have worked well but jailed for life lets them die many times, not just once.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 04:58:57 AM »
I used to travel to the U.S., mainly for professional reasons. The last time I went there is over 10 years ago, and I won't go any more. It's a pity, because it has great places (Manhattan...) and great landscapes. I just hope they'll stay on their side of the Big Pond. The recent sable rattling in Ucraine is worrying. Putin is not an angel, certainly, but any democratically elected Russian dictator must be worried about NATO "enlargement" :cool:

TimoVJL

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 05:14:16 AM »
Every country have own rights, dont have to ask permisson from bullies.

World well known professional lier
Maria
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:39:50 AM by TimoVJL »

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 06:27:54 AM »
Two things with the map, it takes more than a screen to read it and its a bit old, You would not class Turkey as anti-Russian.

Timo, you may not like the lady "Maria" but is her propaganda any worse than NATO or EU or US propaganda ?
hutch at movsd dot com

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 08:18:30 AM »
Two things with the map, it takes more than a screen to read it and its a bit old

Maybe I'll get a newer one when Ukraine joins the NATO

You would not class Turkey as anti-Russian.

That is a delicate one - Turkey is still NATO :tongue:

@Timo, I understand that living near Russia is not comfortable, but the map just states facts: NATO is invading the Russian neighbourhood. Russia was invaded several times in recent centuries, and certainly does not feel comfortable with its new neighbours... it's a simple geopolitical fact, and we should see it separately from considerations about democracy and human rights under Putin. I have no idea when the Russian people will be able to get rid of the oligarchs, but I am pretty sure that they wouldn't like a "democratisation process" led by US troops as in Afghanistan or Irak :cool:

TimoVJL

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 03:02:09 AM »
If Covid-19 is just a flu, onlya  weak people dies ?
Doug Ericksen, state senator who fought vaccine mandates, dies at 52

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 03:19:37 AM »
The purpose of the new treaty organization founded in 1952 (NATO), Lord Ismay asserted, was “to keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/07/nato-russians-out-americans-germans-down-updated-reversed/
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

TimoVJL

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 03:55:10 AM »
Later NATO updated to european defend organisation.
After USSR collapsed, countries became independent, from USSR occupation.

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 04:16:11 AM »
Who puts more resources is the USA. Of course, we all hope that someone else will fight our battles without asking for anything in return.  :thumbsup:

I am not very well documented on this, but I would say that there is a certain interest in Russia and the EU not getting closer. In my opinion, Europe cannot be understood without Russia. I don't know if there would be a way for Russia to join the EU, but that would be optimal. Although today I do not know if there would be someone interested having to adopt EU' chiefs demands.

Lord Ismay warned about totalitarian tendencies. I believe that where there is a market and justice, there should not be the first.

Greenhorn

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 05:41:17 AM »
> I am not very well documented on this, but I would say that there is a certain interest in Russia and the EU not getting closer.

The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy And Its Geostrategic Imperatives by Zbigniew Brzezinski
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Chessboard
https://www.academia.edu/33324624/The_Grand_Chessboard_American_Primacy_And_Its_Geostrategic_Imperatives_by_Zbigniew_Brzezinski

In 2001 Putin held a speech in the German "Bundestag" where he campaigned an economic and security partnership with Europe.
In Washington the alarm bells were ringing.
https://www.bundestag.de/parlament/geschichte/gastredner/putin/putin_wort-244966
http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/21340

Germany and the EU would be better advised to take the hand that was reached out by Russia.
Kole Feut un Nordenwind gift en krusen Büdel un en lütten Pint.

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2021, 06:39:48 AM »
I understand the position of the USA. If I were in their shoes, I would probably do the same to retain world supremacy, and the division of Europe is key to that. EU + Russia? A chill for the rest of the world's power centers, yes. Europe is weak, the UK having separated, aware of its low potential (being one of the most powerful countries in Europe) seeks refuge in the 5 eyes, of course. The world we are heading to is of great centers of power: North America, Asia, Russia. Indeed, Putin's speech in the Bundestag is very eloquent and admirable, on which I do not agree is that Europe passes from daddy America to daddy Russia, Europe should learn to blow its own snot. And the union with Russia, from my point of view, would be fruitful and highly desirable, in addition to the natural passage; What you cannot do is seeking refuge.

And here we are, increasingly separating Russia from Europe, and somehow forcing Russia to associate with China, which is a annoyance for the US, right? That would be really a center of power.

As Putin said in the Bundestag, we should forget about the Cold War now, there is a future for everyone if we dedicate ourselves to work, trade, and leave our neighbors in peace.

Although Europe's leaders seem to be actively working against it.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2021, 10:25:42 AM »
The U.S. were never invaded, with the exception of a tiny island. They make a real big fuss about Pearl Harbour.

Russia was invaded twice, by Napoleon and Hitler. When the Soviet Union gave up Eastern Germany in 1989, Gorbachev received guarantees that NATO would not extend its area of influence. What happened afterwards was the exact contrary, see map below. Now Belarus is under siege (and rightly so, Lukashenko is a real a*shole), and Ukraine is keen to join the NATO. Those who deny that Russia should be worried about NATO expansion should really ask themselves whether that is a credible position :cool:

Defense spending, Bn US$
778     United States
252     China
72.9    India
61.7    Russian Federation
59.2    United Kingdom
57.5    Saudi Arabia
52.8    Germany
52.7    France
49.1    Japan
45.7    South Korea
28.9    Italy
27.5    Australia
22.8    Canada
21.7    Israel
19.7    Brazil

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2021, 10:32:28 AM »
I have this difficulty with any power that wants to take over the world, in no particular order, Europe, the US, the old Soviet and the militant faction in China all have aspirations of controlling the world and it is the clashing aspirations that put the world at risk. All are nuclear capable and all have theiir "nutcase" factions that would use military power if they though they could get away with it.

About the only factor going for avoiding these aspirations is mutually assured destruction, none of them would look good after a nuclear war and they know it. The real risk is non nuclear war if some treaty is agreed upon by all of them as this would allow one or another power to take advantage of their military production capacity to make lots of toys and be tempted to use them against other smaller countries or a lesser super power.

Nukes level the playing field.
hutch at movsd dot com