News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Text to speech software, Micmonster.

Started by hutch--, February 03, 2022, 08:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

As usual I paid too much for it and the interface is a real chyte to use but it has the one saving grace that justified the price, the voices in multiple foreign languages (non English for an Australian) have bee really classy and this is from a number of native language speakers.

I have done a number of Chinese dialects for both Taiwan and Singapore as well as mainland China and I have just got feedback from a friend in Romania and she also said it sounded OK. You can have a win occasionally.

What I have been doing is carefully writing the text message in English making sure not to use OZ idiom, feed it through Google Translate then paste the results into MicMonster, tweak the speed and pitch and the results have been a lot better than the others I have which sad to say I payed too much for them as well.

I do have some useful English voices in one TTS called SpeechElo and a few Englich voices in the first one I bought, Talkia. There are some decent English voices that you can access online with the very good Russian app called Balabolka and if you are not fussy, the normal Microsoft ones can be used.