News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Double to string conversion

Started by jj2007, February 12, 2022, 06:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

To my surprise, I can find only one confused thread in the Lab that deals with double to string conversion. Did Rui's efforts ever result in a consensus about the best algo? If yes, which one? I attach his archive, hoping that somebody can decipher it :cool:

HSE

Quote from: jj2007 on February 12, 2022, 06:34:43 AM
I can find only one confused thread in the Lab[/url] that deals with double to string conversion

Perhaps because double don't exist in assembly  :biggrin:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jj2007

Good point :biggrin:

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=9316.0

(googling for site:masm32.com REAL8 string convert)

Unfortunately, JK's code requires a non-standard Masm installation to assemble. Bad luck :sad:

JK

Hi jj2007,

it shouldn´t be too hard to make it assemble with a standard Masm installation - i´m sure you can do it.
There is also similar code in Raymond´s FPU Lib. The mathematical approach is essentially the same, while the implementation is slightly different.

HSE

Quote from: JK on February 12, 2022, 07:28:07 PM
it shouldn´t be too hard to make it assemble with a standard Masm installation
No problem. Tested in 32 bits

There is also similar code in Raymond´s FPU Lib. The mathematical approach is essentially the same, while the implementation is slightly different.
Also there is an adaptation of Raymond's procedure maked by Biterider in ObjAsm library.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jj2007

it shouldn´t be too hard to make it assemble with a standard Masm installation - i´m sure you can do it.

Hi Juergen,

HSE was faster - thanks :thup:

I don't have much time, and am working on another project, so the fastest REAL8 to string algo is on ice for me now :sad: