Message to All Guests

Main Menu

UASM 2.44 Release

Started by johnsa, November 03, 2017, 09:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsa

Git and packages up on the site.

Changes:
1) Fixed a long standing bug in the expression evaluator where values were not being correctly sign extended to 64bit.
2) Added Frame BIAS to RBP to increase the range of parameters/locals that can be accessed with 1byte displacement (shorter code, better for instruction fetch).
3) Optimised RBP prologue to use correctly sized writes and use the 2's complement form to modify RSP.
4) Fixed the console colour issue causing ERROR to be defined incorrectly thus breaking command line parameters.

jj2007

No problems with my major sources :t

Biterider

Hi
I'm getting the following error, I didn't have with Ver 2.42
Demo01A.asm(56) : Error A2167: Missing quotation mark in string
The line 56 doesn't exist since the code has 48 lines. Any idea?

Regards, Biterider

Later: removing some blank lines on the top of the source I'm getting different errors
Demo01A.asm(56) : Error A2102: Symbol not defined : P

and one time I got it without errors at all...

johnsa

Quote from: Biterider on November 03, 2017, 11:22:10 PM

Hi
I'm getting the following error, I didn't have with Ver 2.42
Demo01A.asm(56) : Error A2167: Missing quotation mark in string
The line 56 doesn't exist since the code has 48 lines. Any idea?

Regards, Biterider

Later: removing some blank lines on the top of the source I'm getting different errors
Demo01A.asm(56) : Error A2102: Symbol not defined : P

and one time I got it without errors at all...

Can you send me a sample to check please?
Thanks!

habran

Interesting, again line 56 ::)
Cod-Father

Biterider

yes.
It seems to be a random problem.
Compiling the code several times successively, I got it 1 time without an error.
Biterider

HSE

JWasm have a problem. For sure something it's not working in line 56, but in another file. Nidud corrected that problem in AsmC.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

johnsa

I doubt it could be that if it worked fine in 2.42. I've not been able to reproduce the error my side in over 100 test files..

aw27

Exception handling works well in manual mode, for all 8 tests.  :t

OPTION FRAME:AUTO no progresses yet (it never worked properly, including in Jwasm).

johnsa

AW27 and I have spent a lot of time looking at this SEH stuff, it's a complete mystery to me why it's not working!
I'd love to resolve it , shed light on the issue and make sure we've got it 100% now :)

On with macho64 implementation now for me and once done a new sample "hello world" app that cross compiles on osx/linux and windows ;)

aw27

Quote from: johnsa on November 04, 2017, 03:47:18 AM
AW27 and I have spent a lot of time looking at this SEH stuff, it's a complete mystery to me why it's not working!
I'd love to resolve it , shed light on the issue and make sure we've got it 100% now :)
FRAME:AUTO should be easier than manual because you, the UASM developer, are in control, you can decide how to do it in a manner you know it works.  :biggrin:
Probably, I am making things too easy.  :redface:

johnsa

You'd think FRAME:AUTO should just work!
Do you have an updated version with all 8 tests yet that's set to FRAME:AUTO ?

aw27

Quote from: johnsa on November 04, 2017, 03:59:33 AM
You'd think FRAME:AUTO should just work!
Do you have an updated version with all 8 tests yet that's set to FRAME:AUTO ?
I will update.  :t