Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

scanf macro and printf macro

Started by stevenxie, November 14, 2020, 11:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

Quote from: jj2007 on November 23, 2020, 08:30:50 PM
No, Yves, Real MenTM don't need to count the arguments, and they don't produce bugs! The others can go for C/C++, where argument counting and type checking is, of course, obligatory :cool:

@Yves: Perhaps we could register at a C++ forum, and try to convince them that type checking is not necessary, what do you think? We might become very popular, even famous :mrgreen:
well if you prefer type lots of shifts,altgr combos and do typing that typecasting requires on loads of types,that you dont need in assembler,go ahead
for example:
myicon=(HICON)LoadImage(
SendMessage(hWnd,WM_SETTEXT,(LPARAM)text,NULL);
and many more+ it leads to frustrating time spent for CPP beginners getting those kinda wrong types errors and solve
yes you can have small windows program if you strip it off the two icons,but  in earlier than win10,needs to download few megabytes Cpp runtime to work

maybe need to create a "spoonfeeding" script for newbies? :biggrin:

another annoying Cpp I had many years ago was changes of versions every now and then,I wasted loads of times to try make game programming for dummies CD's example work and libraries and it was impossible because it was completely different CPP versions,so I gave up:(
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding