Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

64 bit or Not ??

Started by stoo23, May 11, 2024, 04:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoo23

Hey guys,
If some of you can check these progs/utilities of Hutch's out and confrm or not that they are 64bit or not.

Obviously, if Not then I should Move them.

I have edited the Title of some that I thought may Not be 64 bit.

Just reply to this post and I will edit as required, then delete this thread, when done.
Thanks, in advance  :thumbsup:

HSE

Hi Steward.

I think that, anyway, the idea is to post here tools "to be used" in 64 bits programming, not exactly necessary they "must be" 64 bits.

Regards, HSE.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

stoo23

Yeah, OK, it was only because this section was in the MASM64 section that I figured it worth checking, as it is possible some of the Tools and Utilities Aren't specifically 64 bit.

They may be and as you have suggested be able to be used in 64 bit programming but perhaps, not all are :undecided:

Which was why I wanted 'confirmation'.
Hutch did seem to have a penchant for 'scattering' stuff about the place,... I mean if only you could have seen his house !!! LOL

(We should have taken some pics  :joking: )

HSE

Some tools are for movies (using ffmpeg). Independently if they are 64 bits or not, can be gruped in other section.

stoo23

QuoteSome tools are for movies (using ffmpeg). If they are 64 bits or not, can be gruped in other section.
Yeah,.. exactly.

No harm being in 2 x places  :smiley:

HSE

just erase my comments when you edit the title  :thumbsup:

stoo23

Quotejust erase my comments when you edit the title  :thumbsup:
Yes, I already have  :wink2:  :smiley:  :biggrin:

stoo23

Thanks for your help / assistance  :thumbsup:

daydreamer

Its not advanced the way you test run .exes  on old 32 bit windows,you get message box that it isn't a valid .exe if 64 bit .exe
Even ml 6.14  is enough for 64 bit SIMD mnemonics, even some 128 bit SIMD

I also scatter things around in my home,but I remember where I put most things
But I have trained latest years to be able to throw away lots of computers and other things
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

stoo23

:biggrin:

QuoteI also scatter things around in my home,but I remember where I put most things
Yeah, same here, ... although there are a couple of things, I have put in Such a Safe place that I cannot find them now  :joking:

QuoteBut I have trained latest years to be able to throw away lots of computers and other things
Yeah,.. I Still have a couple/few too many ancient 'Dead' computers and other Crap I really Need to take to the local Recycling centre !!