Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

I need a program called "FindLine"

Started by learn64bit, November 29, 2022, 04:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudoku

Seems to be working ..... but
there also seems to be an endless loop, where the processing is already done -- but the program keeps "going to check whether all threads quit" etc... (endlessly see screenshot)

I stopped the program after 7 minutes while it was still stuck in the loop.

There also seems to be a couple of stalls along the way, where the program does not do anything for several seconds.
:cool:

learn64bit

Quote from: sudoku on April 24, 2024, 01:24:14 AMSeems to be working ..... but
there also seems to be an endless loop, where the processing is already done -- but the program keeps "going to check whether all threads quit" etc... (endlessly see screenshot)

I stopped the program after 7 minutes while it was still stuck in the loop.

There also seems to be a couple of stalls along the way, where the program does not do anything for several seconds.
need your testFiles to find the bug

sudoku

Quote from: learn64bit on April 24, 2024, 01:35:44 AMneed your testFiles to find the bug
They are your files... (exactly the a.txt and b.txt from the 3 part download) and the latest version of your program. Or do you mean c.txt and d.txt?

The last time I ran the program, it is still stuck in the endless loop after 15 minutes still running in that loop.

Edit to add...about 20 minutes after this was first posted...
Now still running after 30+ minutes.... I think it's time to put it to bed.  :tongue:

learn64bit

same testFiles? but not happpened on my machine

sudoku

Quote from: learn64bit on April 24, 2024, 02:30:21 AMsame testFiles? but not happpened on my machine
It surely happened here though. Windows 7 if that makes any difference. Over 30 minutes and the program never finished, kept repeating what is shown in the screenshot above.

learn64bit

ooops!
you are right.
5th time run this app, I saw the bug.
it must be a randam bug.

the result c and d is correct.
thread 1 and 2 already quit. but checkQuit is failed.
I must made a mistake on the check thread proc.

learn64bit

sudoku

After about 1 minute and 40 seconds, appears to be done processing a.txt and b.txt. But still the endless loop afterwards.
Bug not fixed yet.

learn64bit

v323
(this one I already tested 9 times, no bug)
(run 4 this app, my cpu is at 90% usage)

learn64bit

Quote from: sudoku on April 24, 2024, 03:45:54 AMAfter about 1 minute and 40 seconds, appears to be done processing a.txt and b.txt. But still the endless loop afterwards.
Bug not fixed yet.

try v323.

oh. maybe thread is really usefull in this app.
next upload will be 1+3 threads

learn64bit

ooops, the result is not correct...
more bugs.. haha

sudoku

1 minute 53 seconds, program exited properly and when it was supposed to.

edit to add:
Quote from: learn64bit on April 24, 2024, 04:26:07 AMooops, the result is not correct...
more bugs.. haha

Uh oh. Too bad, then. Back to the drawing board...

learn64bit

yes, something is wrong in the code.
the 'quit' bug is not easy to fix