News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Binary to displayable text, any base

Started by ahsat, March 31, 2024, 04:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinsi

Quote from: ahsat on April 06, 2024, 12:12:01 PMI will try to find the masm64 SDK docs to see what else hutch is doing for me.

:badgrin:  :badgrin:  :badgrin:
Good luck with that. I've been forced to write my own prologue/epilogue and invoke macros.
Maybe I'll clean them up and post them here. They don't play well with hutch's masm64 stuff though...

ahsat

Quote from: sinsi on April 06, 2024, 01:18:29 PM
Quote from: ahsat on April 06, 2024, 12:12:01 PMI will try to find the masm64 SDK docs to see what else hutch is doing for me.

:badgrin:  :badgrin:  :badgrin:
Good luck with that. I've been forced to write my own prologue/epilogue and invoke macros.
Maybe I'll clean them up and post them here. They don't play well with hutch's masm64 stuff though...

I thought the masm 64 SDK was largely just the inc files, defining the equates and prototypes needed to call the Windows APIs. I didn't realize he was trying to make ml64 as complete an assembler as the 32 bit version. I now understand why Microsoft tries to stop people from downloading the SDK. I assume that Hutch has moved on, or passed away, and that development on the SDK has slowed.

I would like to see your prologue/epilogue macros if you ever decide to release them. I haven't done much macro coding, so I wouldn't even try.

ahsat

Go to ebay, search "masm assembler", then hit the end key. The last Masm, 6.11 I think, sells for $300+. One guy is asking for $600 for a copy still in shrink wrap.

NoCforMe

Quote from: ahsat on April 06, 2024, 02:54:27 PMI assume that Hutch has moved on, or passed away [...]
The latter. And yes, MASM64 development has basically stalled here.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

ahsat

Quote from: NoCforMe on April 07, 2024, 06:48:02 AMThe latter. And yes, MASM64 development has basically stalled here.
What country did Hutch live in?

NoCforMe

Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.