Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

CodeEdit, the Middle Year Edition

Started by HSE, July 18, 2023, 05:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi all,

Playing Syntax Highlighting in CodeEdit, the Christmas Edition.

It's Iczelion method, but more complete. Just no so fast, and some little glitches, specially scrollbar thumb (¿?).

When opening files from explorer have problems in Christmas Edition:

- cmd_tail fail, the I replace with old GetCL (adapted to 64 bits obviously), and Window Title, etc. that Hutch never completes in this edition.

- Hutch method to expand .png files don't work. Perhaps is posible to solve that, but more easy was to replace toolbar image with .bmp file (40 kb more than png).

Regards, HSE
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

zedd151

I had wanted to change the font there to another one. But upon reassembling found that "include \masm32\macros\SmplMath\math.inc" of course is not on my computer.

Also the batch file needs a path adjustment manually done.

\masm64A\bin64\rc.exe rsrc.rc
\masm64A\bin64\ml64.exe /c /nologo %appname%.asm
\masm64A\bin64\polink.exe /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /ENTRY:entry_point /LARGEADDRESSAWARE %appname%.obj rsrc.res

Does the program NEED  math,inc?
Anyway, I will look at this again later on. Thanks for sharing. And yes a couple of glitches .... as you had mentioned.

HSE

Quote from: zedd151 on July 18, 2023, 05:47:23 AMDoes the program NEED  SmplMath?

Syntax Highlighting is a fast translation from 32 bits, then you need push and pop registers, @While, and no much more I think.

zedd151

@HSE:

so it does need math,inc for those macros then?
Why not put those macros in the source file in the project?, instead of needing that particular include file.

HSE

Quote from: zedd151 on July 18, 2023, 01:14:43 PMso it does need math.inc for those macros then?

Math.inc is the header. Several files in SmplMath package contains the macros, and a lot of them are very helpful when using ML64 (or any other).

Quote from: zedd151 on July 18, 2023, 01:14:43 PMWhy not put those macros in the source file in the project?

Is better to put in macros directory, because files are not so small and will be used in most of the projects (if your are not a martir of bare metal  :biggrin:  )

zedd151

Usually it is normal to include everything that is needed in a project within the project, there may be others that wish to modify the project without having to download anything else. Just a suggestion by the way, it is your project, do as you see fit.  :biggrin:

HSE

Quote from: zedd151 on July 18, 2023, 10:53:44 PMUsually it is normal to include everything that is needed in a project within the project

Are you drinking?  :biggrin:

CodeEdit project requiere Masm64 SDK project, and nobody can even think that must be posted inside. You must obtain Masm64 SDK independently.

SmplMath is other project, and is obtained independently. You have to make a couple of clicks with mouse.

If you can't do that, don't worry, the project is not for you. :thumbsup:

zedd151

You're a funny guy, HSE. Of course the Masm64 SDK is definitely NOT part of the project but rather the platform on which it is built.  :joking:  Your project as is, needs a bit of work. But I am not willing to download SimplMath for just one project. I hope that you understand.
This is all I have to say about that, good luck with the project!  :thumbsup:

Regards, zedd.

HSE

Quote from: zedd151 on July 18, 2023, 11:20:38 PMBut I am not willing to download ...

That is discipline. I have projects from everybody in the forum  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

lingo

Good job HSE! :thumbsup:
Can you add the line numbers as well?  :smiley:
Quid sit futurum cras fuge quaerere.

HSE

Quote from: lingo on July 19, 2023, 12:15:07 AMCan you add the line numbers as well?  :smiley:

It's not the idea now, CodeEdit must be fast and simple. Line numbers is something a little more complex, and for that I use KetilO's RadAsm 3 (source code also is available).

jj2007

Quote from: lingo on July 19, 2023, 12:15:07 AMGood job HSE! :thumbsup:
Can you add the line numbers as well?  :smiley:

Excellent idea. I don't know what they are good for, as I never felt a need for them since I quit line-numbered Basic dialects 40 years ago, but I wish you luck with this endeavour. Keep us posted :thumbsup:

HSE

jj2007

First, it's not possible with the buggy RichEdit control, at least not for sources with more than 65535 lines.

Second, if you want those line numbers to see where the error sits, please try RichMasm: if there is an error, RM jumps directly there and puts the cursor at the beginning of the line.

HSE

Quote from: jj2007 on July 19, 2023, 06:06:41 AMSecond, if you want those line numbers to see where the error sits

:thumbsup: Good point. Hutch have forgotten to implement "Go to Line".