Main Menu

Convert MSDN structures to MASM format

Started by jj2007, February 17, 2014, 03:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Quote from: TWell on February 17, 2014, 07:46:41 PM
Here are some findings:

Thanxalot to everybody :icon14:
Version D on top of thread should now handle everything correctly. A TestStruct.h is included. Let me know if you find more goodies :P

Gunther

Jochen,

Quote from: jj2007 on February 18, 2014, 03:44:18 AM
Thanxalot to everybody :icon14:
Version D on top of thread should now handle everything correctly. A TestStruct.h is included. Let me know if you find more goodies :P

seems to work correctly. Well done.  :t

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

jj2007

Another little helper for the Tools menu of your editor: FindOnDisk

Usage:
- enter path and file mask ( for example, \Masm32\*.as?|*.inc )

- at least one search string
  (if there are two, both must match)

- find modes as in MasmBasic Instr_():
  0=case-sensitive
  1=case-insensitive
  2=intelligent case (i.e. case of first char ignored)
  4=full word
  5=case-insensitive and full word
  etc.

- click Find to start the search

- double-click on filename to open; note that
  the most recently edited files are on top

Press Escape to quit

Gunther

Jochen,

interesting tool. Could be helpful by searching large disks.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

HSE

Hi JJ!!

Is't posible to exclude certain file types? We don't have FindInFile source code.  For example "\Masm32\masmbasic\*.*!*.exe|*.obj".

There is some crashes that, I think, happen when searching inside .exe files.

Thanks.

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jj2007

Try \Masm32\Examples\*.inc|*.asm|*.rc
with, for example, resource and mode 5

Excluding could be done with GfCallback, but that would require a bit of work :icon_mrgreen:

HSE

Problem is: the utility is very usefull!!

Search are not limited to masm projects. I search in *.java, *.c, *.cpp, *.bas, *.txt, *.htm* files just for example. But with *.* sometimes there is crashes.

I will study the GfCallback thing. 

Thanks JJ!

jj2007

Here is a new version, with an optional exclude field. Extensions must be comma-delimited, e.g. .dll, .exe

There is a second field that limits the size of files. I am curious what kind of file crashes? Can you give a concrete example?

HSE

Thanks very much!!

I can't reproduce the error, but I don't remember what I was searching a couple of month ago. Perhaps searching .exe files activate antivirus, I don't know.   

HSE

Hi JJ!

Now I found very interesting that searchers in general (not only FindOnDisk aka JJSearch) don't find nothing inside libraries. (And it's a little boring open every library with HexEd to see what is inside :dazzled:)

Apparently the search is for strings, not for sequence of characters, wich rise another question: search is for ANSI strings and Unicode strings?

Thanks. HSE 

TWell

What you are searching for?
Example to test?

EDIT: FindFile

jj2007

Hi HSE,

The plugin is indeed designed for searching text files: asm, inc, rc, h, even asc = rtf will work, but search in binary files will stop at the first embedded zero.

Internally it uses the "long" version of GetFiles - see the "WinSock" example.

There is a possibility to use a binary search with Instr_(FAST, ...), see here (towards the end):
Quoteusing FAST, binary search in haystacks containing zeros is possible
... but it would require a rewrite. If I find time, ... ::)

nidud

deleted

HSE

#$&@%!! I forget doszip.

It's a very unusual search that kind of "binary search". Because Murphy's Law I skipped 1 of 16 very little libraries, and take me some time put order in the search. Not a big problem, but obviously is a different type of search. 

FindFile make the "binary search" and have option for "unicode search" also. Wich, in some way, answer that unicode is a third type of search. Perhaps become more important in the future, and  effort is worth here.

Just a note: FindFile and doszip make the binary search, but their internal viewers only show text.

Thanks. HSE

nidud

deleted