News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Radasm2 encoding question

Started by Archer-Dante, May 04, 2024, 02:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer-Dante

Cannot find a solution, so I'm asking here...

With RadASM2, while every symbol is English, the files are saved in UTF-8 encoding; however, if only one cyrillic character appears, the entire file is saved in CP-1251.
But... UTF-8 should work with just about any character, right?

The key question is how to get RadASM to save in UTF-8 regardless.
These automated encoding changes makes me sick.
In addition, github cannot properly recognize the comments with cp1251.

sudoku

My best suggestion would be to get an IDE that is still being maintained and upgraded. It is my understanding that the author 'ketilO' has basically abandoned RadAsm2 and moved on to other projects. He stops in here occasionally. Have you tried RadAsm3?

As I don't use an IDE, I cannot recommend one. I use qeditor as a code editor.
I have used Notepad++ in the past, though.
:eusa_naughty:

learn64bit

there are a lot of RadASM2 modified versions...

RadASM2 for chinese only support Windows ANSI (UTF-8 is not ANSI).
RadASM2 for chinese is not automates, it's fixed Windows ANSI like 00936, 01251, 01252....

maybe there is a RadASM2 support WideChar(read ANSI or MultiByteChar, convert it to WideChar, convert WideChar to 65001withoutBOM), it will be your case

learn64bit

With RadASM2, while every symbol is English, the files are saved in UTF-8 encoding (no, it is 01251); however, if only one cyrillic character appears, the entire file is saved in CP-1251 (yes, it is 01251).

so, my guess is only 01251, no 65001withBOM/withoutBOM or UTF-8 at all, haha

Archer-Dante

I checked with sublime, just fresh new inc file in UTF-8, while after adding any cyrillic symbol it becomes Win1251 upon save  :sad:

learn64bit

you should upload your "UTF-8" file.

Archer-Dante

1st file made upon project creation then saved, it's automatically saved as UTF-8
2nd after random comment with cyrillic character, but this one auto-saved as 1251

Archer-Dante

Another IDE would be fine, but if only...
Radasm have neat project files manager and provides fast build preset for every project created.
and good color-scheme
and good syntax highlight
i think i'll pass till meet ide which is not compromise for me but just a superior  :tongue:

till then... i just wanna find solution with what i already have

jj2007

Quote from: Archer-Dante on May 04, 2024, 05:11:22 PMproject files manager

I've never felt the need to have one. My main project is composed of 39 modules, but they are all in one 3MB file, 48k lines - extremely useful if you deal with global arrays or variables spread over 39 sources. I hit a button, and the library gets built. If I only changed a comma, it takes 0.7 seconds to build, if I force a complete build it's 3.7 seconds.

Being used to that, I get the creeps when people post archives with a dozen tiny sources spread all over the place :cool:

sudoku

@Archer-Dante:
You could always try to fix that problem with RadAsm2. It was written In assembler...in fact as a .rap project - meaning that it is a RadASM project... buildable from RadASM  :wink2:
The source codes are at https://sourceforge.net/p/fbedit/code/HEAD/tree/
In the folder RadASM are the sources for version 2 point whatever. (2.??)
Not to be confused with folder RadASM30 which is different than version 2, and not compatible with version 2 from what I have read..
1 - Enter the RadASM folder first, then...
2 - At the top of the screen click "Download Snapshot" you will get only the source code for RadASM2 --- downloaded in a .zip file.
If you just click Download Snapshot on the page linked above, you will have all the projects listed ( A Huge download)

I myself would not know what needs to be changed or where. I am just providing this information in the case that you were not aware that the source code files were available.
:eusa_naughty:

learn64bit

Quote from: Archer-Dante on May 04, 2024, 12:43:56 PM1st file made upon project creation then saved, it's automatically saved as UTF-8
2nd after random comment with cyrillic character, but this one auto-saved as 1251

you think 1.txt is a 65001withoutBOM text file, and 2.txt is a 01251 text file.
ok, I will verify that

learn64bit

okay. done.
what I think:
  1.txt is a 01251(also 01252, 00936, ,00437 ...) text file.
  2.txt is a 01251 text file.
sorry no "UTF-8" or 65001withoutBOM here

jj2007

Quote from: learn64bit on May 04, 2024, 10:54:11 PMwhat I think:
  1.txt is a 00437 text file.

What I think:
  1.txt fits all codepages, as there is no character above "z" in there.
  2.txt can be (among others) a 437 or 1252 file, as the E8 character is "è" in both codepages.

learn64bit

Quote from: jj2007 on May 04, 2024, 11:13:56 PM
Quote from: learn64bit on May 04, 2024, 10:54:11 PMwhat I think:
  1.txt is a 00437 text file.

What I think:
  1.txt fits all codepages, as there is no character above "z" in there.
  2.txt can be (among others) a 437 or 1252 file, as the E8 character is "è" in both codepages.

yes, every people can have their own understanding.