News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

curious

Started by shankle, February 16, 2016, 11:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

My concern is this, while climatic change has been with us for the last 4.5 billion years and some of being truly traumatic, its only been in the last couple of hundred years that humans have collectively had the capacity to change the world's environment in ways that damage it. Note here that I did not claim carbon dioxide as the damaging agent. Think of massive land clearances that change a local climate, this is something we see in West OZ where large scale land clearances changed the rainfall pattern and trees that could survive 40c temperatures are dying off because of lack of rainfall and temperatures up near 50c.

In Tasmania there are ancient Gondwanaland stands of conifer trees that are more than 10000 years old that are now subject to bushfires due to the climate drying out and differing from mainland eucalypts they are not fire resistant so if they get badly burnt out, they will not come back. Now where the problem lies is in that some of the changes happened well before the era of SUVs, air travel and the like, OZ has strange long weather patterns for far longer than the last couple of hundred years, in south OZ there used to be a large inland farming community but an 80 year long drought in the 19th century turned it to desert.

I am a fan of adaption and preservation, stop making a mess of what is left, fix what you can and adapt to what you can't change. It just may be the case in a few hundred years time that you need to migrate to Antarctica or northern Canada/Alaska and leave the raging deserts behind. My complaint with the histrionics of the climate change is gross exaduration, a solution that at best will not work and a dislike of anything that will make global banking cartels far richer. Carbon trading is nothing more than another banking scam to line the pockets of the super rich, empoverish the middle class and convert 3rd world economies to vassal states.