News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Having PHUN with rich edit controls.

Started by hutch--, September 19, 2017, 07:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

I tried to find the limit to a rich edit 2/3 in 64 bit and over about 800 meg a range of messages stop working. On my Win 10 64 bit the EM_LINEINDEX simply does not work so I had to use another to get the line number and so far getting the column for the cursor position has strange problems that I have never seen before. It can be done with a CHARRANGE structure but triggers some very unusual effects. To get the edit control content length, it runs out of puff at around 800 meg so I got the sequence of data load directly in the EM_STREAMIN processing then to get the final size I had to open the file, get its length that way and write the result.

Can open a file for viewing that is just under 2 gig but the editing does not work any longer but on the bright side, a 64 bit version loads large file a lot faster than a 32 bit versions. I have had a quick play with the later version from "Msftedit.dll" and it seems to work OK but does nothing better than version 3 and it seems to have the same range of limitations at about the same sizes so there is no gain there. It looks like it will need to be limited to about 800 meg on Win10, not tested on Win7 64 bit yet.

K_F

they probably thinking along the same lines as 'We'll NEVER need more than 640KBytes'  :icon_mrgreen:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'