News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

mdi children strob when resizing. why?

Started by xandaz, November 06, 2020, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xandaz

i'm having problems with the mdi children of and app i'm working on. is there some style i should include somewhere? thanks in advance. I'm not be an ass am i?

xandaz

I would also like to know of there is another message other than WS_SIZE when a window is MAXIMIZED. not too much to ask i hope.

Greenhorn

Kole Feut un Nordenwind gift en krusen Büdel un en lütten Pint.

xandaz

thanks greenhorn. i'm checking it out.

xandaz

I'm not sure that the changes made make much difference. Child windows are still strobing when resized. Thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

Adamanteus

Maybe, need double buffering when painting ...

hutch--

Set the parent window colour to 0 (transparent). You get the flickering due to double repaints.

xandaz

xandaz

Nah....it's still strobing. Thanks anyway. Double buffering? how do i do that? :thumbsup:

hutch--

What is the WNDCLASSEX style set to ?

If you are using => CS_HREDRAW or CS_VREDRAW

Change it to

CS_BYTEALIGNCLIENT or CS_BYTEALIGNWINDOW

Adamanteus

By my experiance WNDCLASSEX - better for small controls, as buttons, for resizeable windows better WNDCLASS - as more options by silence, will work more sure win GDI of differ OS versions.

xandaz

Thanks Hutch, ty guys. worked like a charm.  :thumbsup:

jj2007

Quote from: Adamanteus on November 07, 2020, 10:26:34 PM
By my experiance WNDCLASSEX - better for small controls, as buttons, for resizeable windows better WNDCLASS - as more options by silence, will work more sure win GDI of differ OS versions.

I made a test with a "difficult" window that has a lot of flicker, and could not see any difference (on Win7-64) :cool:

Adamanteus