News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

How to capture keystrokes in a window with a read-only edit control

Started by NoCforMe, March 09, 2024, 03:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoCforMe

Goddamnit, JJ. That's just not helpful. "Just Google it", the most lazy-ass suggestion in the world.

Let me tell you what's wrong with your reply:
and on and on.

If you're going to help, then help. Otherwise, please just STFU.

I'm not asking for people to do my homework for me here, just looking to get pointed in the right direction.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

stoo23

Win32.hlp: What is that? Where is that?

.zip file available here:
Win32.hlp

jj2007

Quote from: NoCforMe on March 10, 2024, 11:33:39 AM"Just Google it", the most lazy-ass suggestion in the world.

So you mean I should google it for you?

Quote from: NoCforMe on March 10, 2024, 11:33:39 AMHave you tried "googling" (hate that verb) FindText?

No, I tried googling FindText winapi, and found it right on top of the list.

@stoo: Thanks, I had forgotten it was there. I'm not sure whether it's the same version as the one at the Modula link. Anyway, David might have to look for the *.chm version because *.hlp won't run on his machine.

NoCforMe

Quote from: jj2007 on March 10, 2024, 12:11:26 PMAnyway, David might have to look for the *.chm version because *.hlp won't run on his machine.
Yep, .hlps don't run here. So where do I get Win32.chm?
(Yes, I know there's a work-around for .hlp files, but I don't have it and don't feel like chasing it down at the moment.)

stoo23

Quote@stoo: Thanks, I had forgotten it was there. I'm not sure whether it's the same version as the one at the Modula link
Well, it IS the Exact same "Modula" version, ...  :smiley: as I utilised the 'link' you provide to acquire it  :smiley:  :thumbsup:
It has ONLY recently been Put there by myself  :wink2:  :smiley:  (as I was 'Updating' an OLD 'links' Page Hutch' had created Ages ago) and was lingering about on the Server, see here:
https://masm32.com/website/index.htm

I will eventually,... sigh, .... Add it to the existing Masm32SDK Web Page.

stoo23

QuoteSo where do I get Win32.chm?

Hang on a Minute ... or Three ....  :rofl:
I am pretty sure I already have a Copy loaded on the Server and if Not, it soon Will be  :smiley:

Stay Tuned,..  :wink2:

sinsi

Quote from: NoCforMe on March 10, 2024, 08:43:27 AMAnd who uses FINDREPLACE?
Well, FindText for one  :biggrin:

Quote from: NoCforMe on March 10, 2024, 09:20:51 AMAnother part of what I need to do here: find a reliable way to determine when a window (in this case an edit control) becomes "active", meaning the user clicks into it.
Could you ask questions that have nothing to do with the thread in a new thread? FWIW, I would have thought WM_ACTIVATE.

stoo23

NoCforMe