News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ANTIVIRUS' vs asm executables

Started by xandaz, February 02, 2021, 12:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xandaz

Why isit that the masm examples contained on SDK dont get scanned by the antivrus and my examples do? What is it that's on those files so that the antivirus skips them? is it the versioninfo? Some command line option in ML or LINK? Can someone give me an answer to this? Thanks

Vortex

Hi xandaz,

There is no universal answer to your question as it depends on the artificial intelligence of your AV.  Heuristics claims that it can "detect" new type of viruses  but often the victims are the small innocent executables coded with the assembly language.  It would be better to instruct your AV to exclude your asm projects directory. You could also try adding manifest files \ version info to your EXEs but I am not sure if this will work for you every time.

xandaz

daydreamer

I had something very strange behaviour I had to fix:C compiling to .obj file and linking to .exe gets interrupted by realtime antivirus removal of .obj file :rolleyes:
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

Something important to do is use a manifest AND a version control block. If the donkey end of AV scanners cannot find these they often flag a file as risky or infected.