News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Hey, HUTCH, How long did it take you to code the Quick Editor ???

Started by Zen, September 16, 2014, 03:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Quote from: Zen on September 17, 2014, 03:35:54 AMa recent files item on the menu would be a MAJOR ANNOYANCE for me,...
Have you tried to convince the MS Office people? Or Adobe? Firefox at least has banned it into an extra menu ("History").

QuoteWhat I'd REALLY like to see as an innovative feature added to the Quick Editor is a function that monitors the current coding location, and,...if you do SOMETHING INCREDIBLY STUPID,...it has a built-in artificial sense of humor that alerts you with a flashing window message (in a LARGE font, of course),...to the effect:

YOU MORON !!! YOU'VE MADE THE SAME IDIOTIC ERROR SEVEN TIMES NOW !!!

It has been done already:
Quote from: hutch-- on September 17, 2014, 12:51:35 AMthe worst editor I every used was the GFA editor back in the middle 90s ... never a gadget that tries to force you to write in a particular manner.

That editor had a built-in syntax check, i.e. it really forced you to write in a particular manner - you could not leave the current line if you had an error! PLING PLING PLING PLING until you either corrected your error, or you commented out that line. A major nuisance indeed, especially if you had (like me) sources in the 20,000+ lines range :(

BlueMR2

Quote from: hutch-- on September 16, 2014, 07:55:39 PM
Sorry Gunther but I cannot help you there, I will not live long enough to comprehend Linux and that would be if I could be bothered.  :P

If it wasn't for your toolset, I'd be over on the dark (errr, Linux) side now.  Glad I haven't had to make that move yet.  :-)
My Code Site
https://github.com/BrianKnoblauch