Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Why are people still using 32 bit ASM?

Started by RedSkeleton007, September 03, 2015, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkeleton007

Quote from: zedd151 on September 05, 2015, 08:51:39 AM
By the way (RedSkeleton...), did you ever solve your problem, or are you still having trouble?

I solved it. Sure enough, it was norton. The reason the file kept disappearing every time I extracted that zipped folder was norton saw the setupmasmbasic application file as a threat and automatically deleted it. So I had to restore it from norton's quarantine.

alloy

I still have found that 32 bit windows assembler is the easiest programming language to understand.

xanatose

Why not?

Use the right tool for the right job. Sometimes I need a very small utility that would run fast, spend little memory and not drain a laptop battery. I found assembly gives me that. Not even C comes near.

Sometimes the time to do an assembly application would be too long, so I use C++ instead.

Most of the time that assembly will help me for 1% of the application. If speed is important, I use assembler, but only after the application is near complete.

Have you seeing the footprint of today's drivers? It makes you want to weep. I bet most machines are running at 50% their capacity because of the overuse of high level languages on drivers.