Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

windows shell programming GUIDE

Started by shaikkareem, April 16, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaikkareem

HI.........everyone

i'm learning how to program with shell in windows......for that i taken guidance through the msdn. There i got real problems with that guide....i'm really new to this shell environment and with the information provided on msdn...maaaan....very complecated......it is not from starting...it built like ther reader are too much familiar with it .....

i'm really confused overall..........i have little bit idea about windows registry... but when things got with shell,registry,com,dll, etc inclusively i'm totally got confusion and confusion only.........the problems are
with              2.registry using with the shell values
                     3.com (component object model) here is every thing is related to interfaces but how in masm32 we implement interfaces, need guidance.............? but first need complete reference about shell, is there any shell programming book available or any webpage give a complete guidance about it.............please help me............

jj2007

Google & Amazon are your friends, plus the Forum search.

Re COM, there are various macros around here, see e.g. http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=1821.msg18682#msg18682

RuiLoureiro

Hi
    What is COM=Object Component Model ?
    How do we use it ?
    Could anyone give a simple example
    with some explanation ?
    Thanks

GoneFishing

When I came to this forum I was trying to understand how to use GUIDs in masm. Thus I'm here due to COM related questions. It was here on the forum where I found the link to Introduction to COM - What It Is and How to Use It , a very good tutorial for the beginner.
I'm sure if you search for "COMintro" in the upper right corner of this page you'll find that thread on MASM32 forum.
When you'll get a common idea about COM basics you may go here and look into COM & Assembly chapter.

[EDIT]: BTW COMintro creates a wallpaper shortcut on the desktop  - in other words it's an example of  shell programming  . You may try to "translate" it to masm.

TWell

From here nice document "Accessing COM Objects from Assembly"

Vortex

COM in plain C :

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/13601/COM-in-plain-C