News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

HJWasm 2.31 release

Started by johnsa, May 15, 2017, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsa

looking into struct/sse ones those seem valid problems..

invoke19 once again however seems to be just a chance in implementation.. for exmaple it gives an error on line 21:

fast2 proc fastcall a1:dword, a2:word
mov eax,a1
add eax,a2        ;<---------- here
ret
fast2 endp

in jwasm that works because under fastcall it just makes every parameter a dword, we no longer do so a2 would be in dx not edx ..

nidud

deleted

johnsa

VARARG64 and VARAR642 work for with -bin / -coff or -win64 without errors, specifying no command line switches generates errors, but I would expect I think given it's 64bit windows specific code it should really only work under -win64 / or -bin .. not really  convinced that -coff should even work (although it seems to).

If I do:

hasm64/32 -c -coff *.asm in the m32lib folder I have no errors

INVOKE2 with -bin or -omf / 16bit is also fine, none of them are giving me General Failure ?

nidud

deleted

johnsa

Ahh ok, got you.. let me try include all those files into one place and see what happens.

johnsa

It appears to be related to this:

proc.c line 1685

sym = SymSearch( name );

if( Parse_Pass == PASS_1 ) {

on PASS_1, the symbol definitely exists, name == "fn1"
on second pass.. it's NULL..

It looks like somewhere there is a memory leak that is overwriting the symbol table entry.

EDIT:
I've cleaned up some entries in symbols.h and put an additional check for null on the sym there, that seems to get it running through the full file-set now without issue.
Will keep an eye on it.

GoneFishing

Quote from: johnsa on May 15, 2017, 07:32:11 PM
Created two new Linux samples, Lin64_2 and Lin64_3 showing off the SystemV calling support as well as the portability of the OO and macro library.

Hi, JOHNSA
Thanks for not forgetting about Linux side of the *ASM .
My question is based mainly on pure curiosity and not practical interest because I'm in AFK mode this year.
Is it possible to call LIBC functions ( on Linux 64bit  ) with INVOKE macro ? Could you , please, provide a small sample illustrating this technique ?

johnsa

Quote from: GoneFishing on May 17, 2017, 10:42:04 PM
Quote from: johnsa on May 15, 2017, 07:32:11 PM
Created two new Linux samples, Lin64_2 and Lin64_3 showing off the SystemV calling support as well as the portability of the OO and macro library.

Hi, JOHNSA
Thanks for not forgetting about Linux side of the *ASM .
My question is based mainly on pure curiosity and not practical interest because I'm in AFK mode this year.
Is it possible to call LIBC functions ( on Linux 64bit  ) with INVOKE macro ? Could you , please, provide a small sample illustrating this technique ?

Hi,

Yep it should be no problem, the Lin64_2 and Lin64_3 samples I've added are linked with LIBC and use malloc/free already (via the MEMALLOC and MEMFREE macros).. so yep, just mark them as SYSTEMV in the proto, and invoke away :) (64bit only of course..)

GoneFishing

I don't see MEMALLOC and MEMFREE  definitions in your new samples. I guess they are builtin macros ...
Anyway I had  luck with
Quoteinvoke exit , 42

Now I have to printf  "Hello World"  :biggrin:
How should I prototype printf function ?
Sorry for silly question

mineiro

;--- "hello world" for 64-bit Linux, using SYSCALL and SYSVCALL convention.
;--- assemble: HJWasm -elf64 -Fo=Lin64_2.o Lin64_2.asm
;--- link:     gcc Lin64_2.o -o Lin64_2
;---           ld -o Lin64_2  -dynamic-linker /lib64/l4.so.2   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crt1.o   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crti.o   -lc Lin64_2.o   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crtn.o

puts proto systemv pchar:ptr
exit proto systemv status:dword

.data

string db "string",0

.code

main PROC SYSTEMV
    invoke puts, addr string
    invoke exit,0
main ENDP

end
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

GoneFishing

Thanks, mineiro

Nice sample . Do you have another one with PRINTF function?

mineiro

hello sir GoneFishing;
Well, no.
I have tried to insert vararg on proto but that's being refused. I'm looking to that now.

I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

GoneFishing

Mineiro, please, don't call me "sir"
Yes, I had the same problem. Let's wait what JOHNSA say

mineiro

hello GoneFishing;
I was not able to use invoke on printf function, so I hand coded that.

;--- "hello world" for 64-bit Linux, using SYSCALL and SYSVCALL convention.
;--- assemble: HJWasm -elf64 -Fo=Lin64_2.o Lin64_2.asm
;--- link:     gcc Lin64_2.o -o Lin64_2
;---           ld -o Lin64_2  -dynamic-linker /lib64/l4.so.2   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crt1.o   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crti.o   -lc Lin64_2.o   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/crtn.o
.x64
puts proto systemv pchar:ptr
exit proto systemv status:dword
printf proto systemv ;;;:ptr VARARG

.data
format db "%s %d",0
number db 42,0
string db "string",0

.code

main PROC SYSTEMV
    invoke puts, addr string
;    invoke printf, addr format, addr string, addr number
    lea rdx,number
    lea rsi,string
    lea rdi,format
    mov rax,0 ;<-printf function, 0 members on xmm registers
    call printf
    invoke exit,0
main ENDP

end

Printf function on linux look to register rax with how many xmm registers are being used, so I setup that with zero.

GoneFishing

Yes, I know about RAX.
It's an workaround but not the solution.

Here's my test piece
;. /hasm -elf64 -Fo=test.o test.asm
; gcc -o test test.o   -lc
; ./test ; echo $?

printf   PROTO SYSTEMV :VARARG
exit      PROTO SYSTEMV exitCode:QWORD

.data

mystring byte  "Hello, world!",0

.code

main PROC SYSTEMV
     invoke printf, offset mystring
     invoke exit, 42
     ret
main ENDP

end
I can assemble and link it without errors but executable results in Segmentation fault