News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

An updated version of an editor.

Started by hutch--, January 01, 2017, 09:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

This version has a number of minor menu additions but the main change is to display the tooltips code directly on the title bar as it is instant and a lot easier to read. I have been using this basic layout to develop a number of things that can only be done in a useful way with a full UI application, a variety of techniques for dynamically loading DLL procedures, a genuinely nasty anti-debugging technique and some fun stuff using memory mapped files for moving large amounts of data around but the attached editor is free of experimentation, its reasonably small for an editor that used an RGB/A toolbar strip and a 9k RGB/A icon at 60k, it does search and replace using the system methods, had multiple instance code to start new editor copies, has the tooltips directly on the titlebar and will work with large files.

The more I have worked with ML64 the more I have liked it, free from endless prototypes, with macro based stack frame and invoke style code, all you need to do is get the address of an external procedure and you can use "invoke" in the normal manner.

jj2007

Quote from: hutch-- on January 01, 2017, 09:57:59 AMdisplay the tooltips code directly on the title bar

Interesting technique :t