how to use next line when using macros?

Started by xandaz, December 13, 2020, 03:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Quote from: hutch-- on December 13, 2020, 09:40:25 PM
    mov hWnd, rv(CreateWindowEx, 0, chr$("classname"),\
    chr$("WindowName"), WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, Wtx, Wty,\
    Wwd,Wht,0,0,hInstance,0)

You have to make something totally different with MASM :biggrin::   % mov hWnd, rv(CreateWindowEx, 0, chr$("classname"),\
    chr$("WindowName"), WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, Wtx, Wty,\
    Wwd,Wht,0,0,hInstance,0)
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

xandaz

well... now i get it. It's totally different than i imagined. Thanks

hutch--

That will at least build but the return value is 0.

HSE

hutch--

Yeah but it won't run, returns 0, not the handle.

jj2007

It needs a bit of context, of course - see attachment. Builds fine with the old Masm 6.14 :cool:

CASE WM_CREATE ; this message serves to initialise your application
% mov hEdit, rv(CreateWindowEx, WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, chr$("edit"), NULL,\
  WS_CHILD or WS_VISIBLE or WS_BORDER or WS_VSCROLL or ES_MULTILINE,\
  9, 9, 500, 200, hWnd, 103, wcx.hInstance, NULL) ; we have added an edit control

HSE

Quote from: hutch-- on December 14, 2020, 12:11:18 PM
Yeah but it won't run, returns 0, not the handle.
Yeah. CreateWindowEx have to fail because we don't registered the class we are requesting.

hutch--

My problem with these recent postings is that we have a member who started this post who is using MASM as supplied in the MASM32 SDK but keeps getting misleading information from folks who are using the Watcom derivatives which are not MASM compatible. I don't care what anyone uses but I object to misinformation that causes problems for people learning how to use MASM. We already have subforums for the Watcom derivatives, this is where support for the Watcom derivatives should be pointed.

This forum IS the MASM forum, not the Open Sauce Watcom derivatives forum and it is not a venue for alternative tools to use the incoming members for recruiting purposes, I would ask members who use the Watcom derivatives to no longer use the Campus for this purpose and will enforce it so that new members are not subjected to recruiting and misinformation.

The internet is a massive free venue that anyone can set up a web site and make it available to their user base. All you have to do is pay for a server, install the software, configure it for the tasks you have in mind, maintain it and moderate it to protect it from hackers, spammers and the like so it runs without the nuisance effects.

Please remember that this is a protected forum for beginners, not a recruiting ground for non MASM tools.

deeR44

Thank you, Hutch--,
There are so many people who ask questions having nothing whatsoever to do with MASM, that I go into this forum less frequently than I used to. Much less frequently.